USB ports charging in the rear etc

vussey

Reaction score
Hello, i am planning quite a long trip and have a need to charge devices that will probably be in the panniers. has anyone fitted or rigged and USB socket in or nearby that location at the rear?

i’m new to the GS, it’s a 1250gs te rallye ‘21 if that makes any difference.
cheers for any pointers.

I fitted a waterproof bullhead fitting to rear pannier and a bulkhead ‘cigarette’ lighter type socket on the inside. Then a short cable from aux socket.
Works well as I can plug a variety of things into the outlet and, it’ll turn off with the ignition if I forget.
Definitely recommend a removable jumper cable as opposed to hard wiring it in as you never know when you might need to remove the pannier.

Attachments

• 407E9951-142F-4F46-BCB6-21D970F434ED.jpg
    407E9951-142F-4F46-BCB6-21D970F434ED.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 240
  • C5C8D635-7431-42A9-A3A9-6F6F3785721C.jpg
    C5C8D635-7431-42A9-A3A9-6F6F3785721C.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 243
I use a givi s111 power hub in my metal case, powered by a supply from an outlet on the hexcan. Can charge 3 things at once and has waterproof connectors.

I fitted a waterproof bullhead fitting to rear pannier and a bulkhead ‘cigarette’ lighter type socket on the inside. Then a short cable from aux socket.
Works well as I can plug a variety of things into the outlet and, it’ll turn off with the ignition if I forget.
Definitely recommend a removable jumper cable as opposed to hard wiring it in as you never know when you might need to remove the pannier.

I have done similar and works well.

thanks all. i’ll have a look at a way to integrate a power hub.

cheers

I use a givi s111 power hub in my metal case, powered by a supply from an outlet on the hexcan. Can charge 3 things at once and has waterproof connectors.

How do you get the power into the case? I have a spare connection to my CanSmart and will use it to power USB Power Pack charging, which are essential when camping especially if they can be charged whilst riding.

How do you get the power into the case? I have a spare connection to my CanSmart and will use it to power USB Power Pack charging, which are essential when camping especially if they can be charged whilst riding.

There is a lead you get that I modified connected to the hexcan

There is a lead you get that I modified connected to the hexcan

Thanks GB, I was thinking more about how one threads the cable from the EZCam to the Aluminium Box. For instance, I don't want to make removal of the pannier a pain in the proverbial and so I imagine a plug will be required and so on. I've been scratching my head thinking how to make a professional, tidy and practical job of this for some time.

You drill a hole in the pannier and fit what I would call a waterproof bulkhead fitting which comes with the givi kit. I don't run with my panniers unless I'm away with them loaded up. But if you are it comes with a cap that makes it waterproof when not connected, it's designed more for tank bags. This part fits in the pannier https://www.givi.co.uk/givi-product...ssories-for-smartphone-holders/s111-power-hub then you use this to connect to the hexcan https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/501231

Back
Top Bottom