Would you swap a GS for.....

They need fettling, mine has high bars, better shock and Wunderlich seat. Given the accessory buffs on here I’d think it was the perfect starter kit.

Had both, but the R9T had to go as the pillion pegs suit only monkeys. Other than that the Urban GS is a great bike with terrible suspension that adds to the character of the bike.

I bought a 2019 Triumph Speed Twin to go with the GS and my Warrior. I wanted something to ride at nights just with a leather jacket and jeans, off to the local bike meet and such.
I live near Skipton, and wanted to ride it mainly on the little back roads at a less frantic pace than i tend to ride the GS, and even with aftermarket suspension, a custom seat, different bars, its totally rubbish compared to the GS. It just makes you realise how good the front end is on the GS. Maybe the Speed Twin is ok on smooth A roads, but then you suffer because you have no screen. I'm thinking of swapping it for a R1200R 90th, at least it will be comfortable.

I know its a bit off topic, but the Speed Twin is a similar bike to the R9T in many ways, and the R1200R is the same engine but with telelever but not just as cool looking.

Stu

Urban

I have just bought a new Urban, waited 7 months delivery on it.
I also have gs 1250 HP and I agree with others here, I wouldn’t want it to be my only bike as the gs is sublime for distance’s.
If I have been out on the gs one day and go out on the urban the next I get to the bottom of the road and think this thing is shite then travel another half mile and think this thing is brilliant, now that might be me being fickle but if you only did 100 mile runs and didn’t carry passengers or big luggage it would be all the bike you need.
The other thing I like about it is all the extras you can throw at it like suspension or accessories, on the R9t forum there are folk’s altering them to suit all kinds of needs,
I’m hoping this is my keeper but I have said that before,keep us posted on your choices. 🤔

The other thing I like about it is all the extras you can throw at it like suspension or accessories

You like the fact that BMW charge you nearly £12k yet expect you to fork out on top of that for adequate suspension ?

No wonder prices are out of control with such gullible buyers .

Aesthetically I really like the urban. I would want it more for off road than on road, being lighter thinking it would be easier to handle off road. I know I would definitely have to sort the suspension, raise it up etc. I seems to be a bike that never sees the dirt.

I love people who say the GS is dull…..you obviously are struggling to have any imagination if you think a GS is dull.

I’ve just spent 4 days enjoying Northern France and my GSA was great fun.

You like the fact that BMW charge you nearly £12k yet expect you to fork out on top of that for adequate suspension ?

No wonder prices are out of control with such gullible buyers .

And what is the stock suspension like on your RKS ? :augie

......a R9t urban? I have a 2015 GS, fully spec"d, LED, keyless, quick shifter etc but have this hankering for a Urban, would I regret it?

I would say yes :thumby:

I had an R-Nine T Scrambler at the same time as a 2016 GS Triple Black and the Scrambler barely got a look in. If I could only have one bike it would be a GS :D

Put it this way-I did 2500 miles in a week on my RKS and I was very comfortable.
I couldn’t ride more than 5 miles on my Urban before the pain started.

Good to know that at twice the price of an Urban there is no need to change the stock suspension on an RKS :thumb

Good to know that at twice the price of an Urban there is no need to change the stock suspension on an RKS :thumb

Stock suspension is brill.:augie On a road as smooth as a babies arse.:p

Back
Top Bottom