New Bike Day

Snelly55

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been looking for a second bike to compliment my GS1250 for a while. I’ve test ridden the XR, Multi V4S, a Streetfighter, the S1000R, a KTM Superduke and a Tuono V4. I liked them all but not enough to buy them although it was a close call with the Streetfighter V4S - loved that bike.

Anyway, after having this S1000RR for most of the day yesterday for a second test ride across Woodhead and Snake passes, I bought it. It’s a fantastic machine. Incredible acceleration, handles great and you can pootle across town easily as well. Awesome for filtering by the way.

It’s also surprisingly comfortable too. I was in the saddle for well over an hour at a time and it was a nice place to be. I reckon I could even tour on it at a push!

I love the Hockenheim silver too and you don’t see too many with this paint job.

Really looking forward to getting this in the garage and after lots of consideration, am pleased that I have found what is for me, the ideal second bike alongside my lovely GS. It arrives in a couple of weeks.

cd961ea6c58474256016f6cef94c4bd5.jpg

I think it looks stunning - Enjoy !

Well done that man !

Fabulous bike and I did consider one before I bought the Streetfighter but for me it was just a bit too head down arse up

Health to enjoy etc

The only thing I didn’t like was the screen so I’ve ordered a new one today. Plus some of the plastics look a bit cheap and cheerful so I will have a look and see if there are carbon replacements available. New tyres might not be a bad idea either although I’ve no idea what to buy.

Am looking forward to learning how to ride it properly and will book some track tuition this summer.

The only thing I didn’t like was the screen so I’ve ordered a new one today. Plus some of the plastics look a bit cheap and cheerful so I will have a look and see if there are carbon replacements available. New tyres might not be a bad idea either although I’ve no idea what to buy.

Am looking forward to learning how to ride it properly and will book some track tuition this summer.

I assume it is on some really track focussed tyres like Super corsa which are rubbish on UK roads as they never really get hot enough and god help you if it rains

LAst I looked quite a few of the S1000rr lads were using road tec01 0r M9rr with some success

Thanks for that. My bike has unknown Bridgestone tyres on it currently. I didn’t check which type but saw from the service history that they’d been fitted at a BMW dealership and that it was a while ago so a fair few miles on them.

Back
Top Bottom