california ebay.

ebay number 185419076709. what's ya thoughts ?

286491bda6fe66cbac7ec62d28ffa01e.jpg

Doesn’t look bad.

I want to see the vendor wearing the VR46 Valentino Rossi T-shirt - Women’s - Size M bought last year!

:D

It looks to me like the owner has done a very good job of creating this special, although you never really know until you look closely at the detail.

I do like the idea of a modern motor and chassis but with old style California looks, I think that's very appealing. Personally I'd need to swap out the fairing for more of a basic Cali screen but that's just personal choice.

Price-wise I think he'll be exceptionally lucky to get close to the asking price. 'Specials' never reach a price that reflects their perceived (emotional) value of the current owner, or the actual cost that has been sunk into their build.

I think he should put the proper rocker covers back on.

Round covers on square barrels look silly.

£7k .

for a cali that has a t3 tank , seat and side panels.

carbs instead of FI , it WILL have a flat spot at 2.5-3.5 k rpms .

I think he should put the proper rocker covers back on.

Round covers on square barrels look silly.

Yep, they look a mess

£7k .

for a cali that has a t3 tank , seat and side panels.

carbs instead of FI , it WILL have a flat spot at 2.5-3.5 k rpms .

Maybe, I’ve always found carbs to be less prone to flat spots once set up.

He’s put a lot of thinking into this bike and it looks well made, but seems to be the bike that didn’t need making - 2 inches extra on the seat isn’t going to solve the issue for the pillion. Personally rather have a Spada for touring.

it seems to be running the ign with the ecu ( he doesn't say otherwise ) i have a bike like that , it has a flat spot , cos the ecu gets no signal from the TPS , cos it ain't there.

It looks to me like the owner has done a very good job of creating this special, although you never really know until you look closely at the detail.

I do like the idea of a modern motor and chassis but with old style California looks, I think that's very appealing. Personally I'd need to swap out the fairing for more of a basic Cali screen but that's just personal choice.

Price-wise I think he'll be exceptionally lucky to get close to the asking price. 'Specials' never reach a price that reflects their perceived (emotional) value of the current owner, or the actual cost that has been sunk into their build.

Agree, the owner/vendor has done a really nice job and invested a lot of time and probably money in this. I like it but I don’t think it will make £7k

And if you were looking for a more modern Cali with some of the looks of the older ones - why not an '09?

Not sure what these go for, but I think they look great.

Attachments

• motorbike20029.jpg
    motorbike20029.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 214
Nice Cali Vintage. The one on ebay auction went for £7.1k. Mad.
I’m still after one though…

Back
Top Bottom