Ride Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry the cat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Magnet and i have been deputed by Herr Wheeler to 'organise' the ride outs. Previous experience tells me that no matter what you do you end up with a pile of people milling about around 10 ish so the 'organising' will be loose.

What I would like please at the moment is people who are prepared to do a ride out to identify themselves and give a brief description of the proposed route, on road /off road etc. You know the drill. Once we've got that we'll create separate threads for each ride out so people can sign up.

Ta.

Magnet and i have been deputed by Herr Wheeler to 'organise' the ride outs. Previous experience tells me that no matter what you do you end up with a pile of people milling about around 10 ish so the 'organising' will be loose.

What I would like please at the moment is people who are prepared to do a ride out to identify themselves and give a brief description of the proposed route, on road /off road etc. You know the drill. Once we've got that we'll create separate threads for each ride out so people can sign up.

Ta.

How many are you planning to loose, and by which bend??

I think the record so far is 20 out and 4 back, the first being within 5 minutes ;)

More than happy to do the 21 dales route on the Saturday. Still running in the V85 so it will be at a moderate pace. We might have to incorporate the "Drop off" system.
If you type 21 dales into the search option of this site ,on page 1 about 14 posts down there is a post by Bhud that shows the route.

More than happy to do the 21 dales route on the Saturday. Still running in the V85 so it will be at a moderate pace. We might have to incorporate the "Drop off" system.
If you type 21 dales into the search option of this site ,on page 1 about 14 posts down there is a post by Bhud that shows the route.

Thanks Steve. There could be 2+V85’s then if my broken rib is mended enough for me to stick mine on the trailer. Ride outs for the discerning biker;)

Put me down for the 21 dales, please (unless there’s a 25 dales route ;))

I’ll be turning up on Saturday morning since I only live an hour away, so just let me know the setting off time and I’ll be there.

Looking forward to seeing everyone :thumb2

Put me down for the 21 dales, please (unless there’s a 25 dales route ;))

I’ll be turning up on Saturday morning since I only live an hour away, so just let me know the setting off time and I’ll be there.

Looking forward to seeing everyone :thumb2

A bit quick out of the traps there Paul but Im sure Steve will capture it.

I might lead a ride, but it'll be a bit adhoc on the day. Depending on attendees, I might just join a rideout, but if there's sufficient interest I might head over t'Lakes for a loop up through to Penrith, over to the North Pennines and back down to Dent. Something like this. with a lunch stop.

So at present we have two definite ride outs. one is Steve's 21 Dales route and the other will Magnet's run round the Dales which will loop up towards Middleton in Teesdale before turning south towards Coverdale and Kettlewell before coming back via Settle and Horton in Ribblesdale.

If we have too much demand for these two we have the capacity to run a separate Northern dales run and possible MMM's lakeland tour. Separate threads created for the two definite rider outs for you to sign up if so motivated. Ride outs will be Saturday circa 10am unless the rider leaders decide otherwise. They will include stops and be at a pace to allow all to enjoy hopefully.

IIRC Steve, you, a few years ago, used the "drop off" system to great effect as you managed to "drop off" most (if not all) of the riders that set off with you :D :beerjug:

IIRC Steve, you, a few years ago, used the "drop off" system to great effect as you managed to "drop off" most (if not all) of the riders that set off with you :D :beerjug:

That sounds like a gauntlet being thrown… :eyebrow :yelrotflm

That sounds like a gauntlet being thrown… :eyebrow :yelrotflm

Not really. I think it was brought about by some riders becoming confused as to which way Steve and i think, others went at a turn if memory serves that is. :D

I wasn't involved by the way :beerjug:

Seem to recall the quote that followed, was "The only guy who could loose people on an oval racetrack" :D

Not really. I think it was brought about by some riders becoming confused as to which way Steve and i think, others went at a turn if memory serves that is. :D

I wasn't involved by the way :beerjug:

Sorry Tony, I didn’t mean to appear accusing or challenging… I think I might have been there and we were moving along at a good pace but did become a much smaller group as the day went on. ISTR a few got confused at the first junction but it was a cracking ride.

Sorry Tony, I didn’t mean to appear accusing or challenging… I think I might have been there and we were moving along at a good pace but did become a much smaller group as the day went on. ISTR a few got confused at the first junction but it was a cracking ride.

Didn't take it that way Paul, I took it in fun. It's easy to lose riders on ride outs if certain strict procedures aren't in place. We have ridden together you may recall, from the cafe at Hexham back to above Dent where we parted company. Quite a "spirited ride" I recall :D

Cheers :beerjug:

Didn't take it that way Paul, I took it in fun. It's easy to lose riders on ride outs if certain strict procedures aren't in place. We have ridden together you may recall, from the cafe at Hexham back to above Dent where we parted company. Quite a "spirited ride" I recall :D

Cheers :beerjug:

I remember. ‘Spirited’… was a great description :D

Didn't use the drop off on that occasion, which is why I've suggested it's use for this year. I don't really know what went wrong. Some folk suggested it was rather spirited, personally I thought it was just right, it's difficult to safely ride at any great pace in much of the Dales.
I'm running in my V85 at the moment so it will be a fairly sedate pace, having said that, I've never been a great advocate of the gentle run in.:green gri

Due to unforeseen circumstances Magnet’s ride out is no longer on offer as we’ve had to travel without the bikes. I’ll close that thread and leave you at the tender mercy of Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom