There's a couple of Beauties!

Muppet

Heat Pump Guru
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Was over in Lincoln on Sunday night, for work the next day, and saw these couple of Beauties parked up in the Premier Inn car park. Superb pair of bikes in cracking condition, thought you'd like to see them.....

LXQEy29BUb3rcsaz7

Attachments

• IMG_20220508_191443.jpg
    IMG_20220508_191443.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 876
  • IMG_20220508_191435.jpg
    IMG_20220508_191435.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_20220508_191423.jpg
    IMG_20220508_191423.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 849
  • IMG_20220508_191412.jpg
    IMG_20220508_191412.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 863
A 46 year old design. Still looks modern today, and very functional (apart from getting your arms caught in the fairing if moving the bike around in a tight space and the shite turning circle :D)

I would sooner look at those, for 20 mins................. than wait for my Tesla to charge up at a motorway service station

dibs. Gold one please.

(Bit optimistic with those locks at a Premier inn).

Neither of these bikes has the rubber boot that seals around the fork leg as it comes through the fairing. Is that a model year thing, or are they just absent on these bikes?

Nice bikes and pics, thanks for sharing those :thumb

In these days of battery angle grinders, a triplet of 'inferior' locks is probably going to do OK. I would have locked the pair together and to the reception door frame or (ideally) round the Stella pump at a Premier Inn though!

Neither of these bikes has the rubber boot that seals around the fork leg as it comes through the fairing. Is that a model year thing, or are they just absent on these bikes?

They fitted them with gaiters so no fairing seals

The pearl white one belongs to me, rebuilt it 4 years ago. They are both registered in 1983 and run like new. My friend, Paul has the beautiful gold one, he clocked up 100,000 miles about 12 miles from Lincoln. We had a 1500 mile week trip round Yorkshire Moors, Dales, Lake District and wales. Could not have wished for a better bike to be on.

The best airhead engine I has was a 78 100RS. Absolute gem of an engine and that fairing turns a rattly old slug into a rocket ship (maybe a bit of an exaggeration :))

Found the old thread of the rebuild here https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/220790-Time-for-a-new-project

The pearl white one belongs to me, rebuilt it 4 years ago. They are both registered in 1983 and run like new. My friend, Paul has the beautiful gold one, he clocked up 100,000 miles about 12 miles from Lincoln. We had a 1500 mile week trip round Yorkshire Moors, Dales, Lake District and wales. Could not have wished for a better bike to be on.

I actually prefer yours!

I actually prefer yours!

You and me both. I had a metallic red one, a fairly dark red. Gold wheels and Brembos, 1981 bike. I sold it with 334,000 miles on it and it was fine. Still on the original clutch and the valves hadn't dropped off either. Never cruised faster than 80mph to make the fuel go further. Went to lake Como (bellagio) for the day once - left here in Uttoxeter friday, got to Bellagio hotel in time to get a drink but the food was finished. On the water photographing features for various boat magazines about the classic motor boat rally and individual boats. gala dinner (dinner suit in RH pannier!) at Villa d'Este the Saturday night. Sunday mornign waved the boats off after breakfast and hit the road at 10.00 Italian time - was home in my bed here in Uttoxeter by 03.30 that same night.

You and me both. I had a metallic red one, a fairly dark red. Gold wheels and Brembos, 1981 bike. I sold it with 334,000 miles on it and it was fine. Still on the original clutch and the valves hadn't dropped off either. Never cruised faster than 80mph to make the fuel go further. Went to lake Como (bellagio) for the day once - left here in Uttoxeter friday, got to Bellagio hotel in time to get a drink but the food was finished. On the water photographing features for various boat magazines about the classic motor boat rally and individual boats. gala dinner (dinner suit in RH pannier!) at Villa d'Este the Saturday night. Sunday mornign waved the boats off after breakfast and hit the road at 10.00 Italian time - was home in my bed here in Uttoxeter by 03.30 that same night.

Not too shabby!:augie

Back
Top Bottom