Dolomites - 1,000 km (600 miles) - Bruneck, Brixen, Cortina, Belluno and five lakes

Wapping

Reaction score
Courtesy of Tourenfahrer magazine (June 2022).

Download them from the magazine’s website or trace them out by hand. They haven’t yet appeared on the website, but they will in a day or so.

3d7a7eb134f2187261630b0c4624e287.png

If anyone is in the area do not miss out on the Staller Sattel (the white road that leads north east from Olang on that map) and runs into Austria onto the Felbertauern Strasse then south and in a big loop back over the Italian border to where you started (about 140kms)

Great area, went in 2013 and 2017 - before they started closing roads to Motorbike, if you have not been then get a hurry on, the end of biking (as we know it) in the Dolomites is in plain sight. The government want us out and cyclists / walkers in, that's the bottom line.

Certainly a lot of the alpine tourist office websites, many of which used to have dedicated lots pages on the joys of motorcycling, have been dropping them. Lots are now full of the pleasures of bicycling and walking. The same with non-alpine tourist office websites, too.

Without a doubt it’s the noise that’s a major factor in seeing bike / car driving restricted. Having been fined in Austria for a noisy exhaust, I am not blameless. But, I’ve given up with all that malarkey now. As with Rasher, I now regard noisy motorcycles and those festooned with a thousand suns on the front (and now increasingly on the back) as a pain in the arse.

Back
Top Bottom