Rear shock loan

VAL. H.

Thrower of cats at pigeons
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Would anyone be prepared to loan me a rear shock for an RT Mono for a month or two? Or sell me one cheap maybe?

My own is going off to be refurbished, I'm in the middle of the outfit refurbishment and I'll need to move the rig about during this process.

I'm happy to cover postage and willing to pay a deposit if required.

TIA Val.

Hi Val

I have one you can use - off a mono G/S but should work for the ST.

Nin

I have a st shock if that’s about the right length…

I have a st shock if that’s about the right length…

Thanks Bubb. The R-RT Monolever shock I'm looking for, is 410mm centre to centre of the eyelets. We've just established that the g/s shock is 360mm e to e.

But looking at pics of the STs it looks the same as the g/s which it too short. I also notice the R-RT has a long narrow section which goes under the rear subframe, so I guess the ST and g/s have a wider subframe at that point.

Ta Val.

If your need is to be able to move it around why not make up a substitute with a piece of wood or steel strap?
BTW G/S shock is longer than the ST but I can’t remember by how much.

Only just seen this,
I have a rear shock from an R80 RT Mono 1989 Which is in good working order, it is on the shelf.
I do not need it for a couple of months if you would pay the postage. PM me.

As an afterthought, have you tried Dens0 on this forum for reconditioning, I have sent quite a few shocks to him for reconditioning and he normally turns them around within a week , It takes a little longer if the rod needs re-chroming but he does an excellent job.

Only just seen this,
I have a rear shock from an R80 RT Mono 1989 Which is in good working order, it is on the shelf.
I do not need it for a couple of months if you would pay the postage. PM me.

Thanks PM sent.

As an afterthought, have you tried Dens0 on this forum for reconditioning, I have sent quite a few shocks to him for reconditioning and he normally turns them around within a week , It takes a little longer if the rod needs re-chroming but he does an excellent job.

Having the shocks done by Falcon shocks. The delay will be the six weeks it takes to get the heavy duty spring made.

If your need is to be able to move it around why not make up a substitute with a piece of wood or steel strap?
BTW G/S shock is longer than the ST but I can’t remember by how much.

Unfortunately the g/s and ST shocks are both too short. Plus they don't have the long thin end that fits behind the rear subframe. Using a rod is a last resort, as I'll need to ride the rig, at least around the camping field so I can test the set up whilst waiting the 6 weeks needed for the uprated spring making and delivery.

Mono Shock 410 mm between centres, I will dispatch it Monday or Tuesday.
Photo to confirm that it looks right.

6v4yI7x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom