R1250GS Engine Bars

tspivey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know there are various threads on this but I’m still in quandary. I’ve skipped the whole 1200LC range thing, only just being tempted away from my 2011 R1200GS TC to a 2021 R1250GS Triple Black.
It’s come with no engine bars though and I don’t like that so I’m really wanting the Alt Rider but can’t face/afford the £368. Unless there’s a deal I don’t know about.
The SW- Motech ‘look’ the most similar to the Alt Rider and the Wonderlich the most attractive.
Opinions sought.

I have SW Motech on my 2021 Tripple Black. I've chosen stainless steel ones, lower and upper kit. I like those bars very much and they have 4 mounting points on each cylinder (vs 3 points on OEM bars). The only problem I've had was that one of the mounting points on right cylynder needed one extra spacer. Luckily, I ve had one in my garage from one of my previous bikes. As for the rest, they look cool, strong and stainless steel my not look that bad if scratched.

Touratech and head covers. Field tested and proven. Four mounting points as well.
As an added bonus they form a nice cradle to rest a leg on when the old crook knees need a stretch.

I have SW Motech on my 2021 Tripple Black. I've chosen stainless steel ones, lower and upper kit. I like those bars very much and they have 4 mounting points on each cylinder (vs 3 points on OEM bars). The only problem I've had was that one of the mounting points on right cylynder needed one extra spacer. Luckily, I ve had one in my garage from one of my previous bikes. As for the rest, they look cool, strong and stainless steel my not look that bad if scratched.

SW motech top and bottom for me too - like them.
I also have some cheap engine case covers i put on when going offroad in case they get damaged from uneven ground (bars dont work too well on bumpy ground)

Went for Touratech in stainless steel in the end from Rugged Roads for £250 delivered. Came today and discovered the nuts and bolts bag wasn’t sealed and they were all over the box with three washers missing, plus the right side bar has something rattling inside it.
Having said that they look and feel very well made, nicely finished.

Back
Top Bottom