Cardo Edge

madmechanic

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody got their hands on the new Cardo Edge units yet , if so opinions please as just ordered a duel set to replace my Sena 50s units ???

Seems a good system - I replaced my unit on a pair of Freecom 2+ and has been working ok if a few problems that i have found workarounds:
1. Works well with others when meshed in a DMC connection and no complaints here
2. Using with my passengers Freecom 2+ is not great because no mesh so can only connect Bluetooth but a few features are lost:
a. Cannot obviously use DMC connection between rider and passenger but also means I cannot use DMC with group if I have passenger on board
b. Now cannot share music between rider and passenger
The workaround is I now have to connect phone to TFT screen on bike and play music that way then connect passenger to bike TFT - problem with this is that the music is slightly out of sync and only I can stop start the music. Sharing is not possible between the Edge and the Freecom -no matter how many times a pair a new connection.
c. i really wanted to "bridge Connect" the Freecom to the group so I could leave the comms open all the time and the music would just dim down when we are talking and also passenger could be part of the group chat but no matter what I do I cant get this to work.

I think I know the answer is to buy another Edge for my passenger but as we get older she comes with me less and less so didnt want to make the investment.

Good system with great features and speakers on the new Edge but not really ideal for backward compatibility.

There is a Bold facebook page. Some users no problems, some complaining of audio stuttering, but people seem to think this is due to older phones BT connection. There will be software updates, but generally people are positive. Guess it is down to how many features you use.

Back
Top Bottom