Battery Alternative

Cook1e

Reaction score
My 590 has had the usual 'low battery' problem for a while. I replaced the battery a few years ago, but within a year or so, I was seeing the same problem.

I then discovered the fix involving tightening the pins and this worked for a while - I think I re-did it 2 or 3 times (on both batteries), but it's no longer effective.

I have just ordered a cheap (£20-ish) non-OEM battery and I'm waiting for delivery.

I was idly peeling the tape off an old battery last night whilst watching TV and I found a part number on the Li-Po cell itself: UF103450P. A quick Google found branded (Sanyo, Panasonic, etc) versions of these are available for around £15-ish.

The cell does not include the charge controller, but it should be possible to remove this from the old battery and install it on the new cell if you have a soldering iron and a modicum of practical ability.

Wish I'd found this before I ordered the cheap Chinese replacement, but hopefully it'll help someone else.

I was intending to post photos, but I have let my subs lapse, so message me your email address if you want to see.

Back
Top Bottom