Connect cradle and app or wunderlinq

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I shy'd away from the wunderlinq black box as it didn't wireless charge and I wanted a permanent hard wired charging system and quadlock was a usb plug in system but now quadlock has released a hard wired connector that switches off below a certain voltage I am looking again at the wunderlinq. Has anyone had both systems? For me what I like about the bmw app and cradle is that it fast and integrates well with the bike, plus really reliable connection etc. What I don't like is no off road mapping, non customisable screen. For the wunderlinq system I like the versatility of using different apps, customisable system screen, controlling third party apps with the wheel. What I don't like is the clunky fit but I think I would strip the nav prep down and hide it somewhere in the beak or the like as the Bluetooth connection should still reach. Is there connection issues with the wunderlinq or glitches, I hate stuff that doesn't just work.

Wunderlinq, isn't an app as such

Think of it as an interface,

It allows wunderlinq compatible apps & the Nav VI interface to work with the wonderwheel

you need to provide a suitable Nav program, music progam etc.

It works with spotty, tom tom , co pilot ( i use this one on the tab nav) waze etc.

I run a tabnav so the wunderlinq sits in the cradle and speaks to the nav which is on an ultimate addons ram ball mount

The tab nav sits in front of the wunderlinq unit , and gives me a second screen so to speak

I get it's not an app, just is it more user friendly than the connect app to use? Does it crash at all? The main apps I would use with it would be the wunderlinq one, OsmAnd and maybe some others on my iPhone, but they would be my main two.

Back
Top Bottom