850gs severe buffeting, what screen is this?

Afmuir

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi - just picked up a 2020 bike from dealer and a great bike but I'm getting sever buffeting at speed. Its got a non-standard screen I think, see the pic. Anyone know what this screen is? And is there a recognised way of reducing buffeting? I'm 5'11". Thanks all.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 253
Photo taken in NI.?

Check out screen extenders on Aliexpress, some good deals to be had and they really work, 70mph visor up riding

Photo taken in NI.?

Check out screen extenders on Aliexpress, some good deals to be had and they really work, 70mph visor up riding

No, must be a visiting car. Saw good reports of MRA Vario may look into that but whatever this screen is its horrendous for buffeting. I think it could be by Acerbis judging by the markings.

and what 850gs screen mount is this?

Also, what is this screen mount, is this the standard mount for the 850GS? Its got a gps mount in the middle to raise the height of that, but is this the standard screen mount? I thought they were adjustable on the 850?

Attachments

• mount 2.jpg
    mount 2.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 219
I've put a Givi Airflow on the 800 (that I bought from you) and it's great, being able to easily adjust it really works for me, comfy in any conditions with a quick adjustment

Also, what is this screen mount, is this the standard mount for the 850GS? Its got a gps mount in the middle to raise the height of that, but is this the standard screen mount? I thought they were adjustable on the 850?

I think that the sat nav mount is a Wunderlicht mount which is also on my shopping list, check if the screen is wunderlicht too. Looking at the screen photo the screen seems to have a clear BMW roundel at the bottom centre it would make it the BMW tall screen. The mount looks like the BMW fixed mount for the tall screen.

Standard on Adventure but only standard from the 2021 standard GS I think .

I've put a Givi Airflow on the 800 (that I bought from you) and it's great, being able to easily adjust it really works for me, comfy in any conditions with a quick adjustment

Yes looked at that one too but have just ordered an MRA Vario and will see how I get on, hopefully helps, if not it may be the Givi. Hope the 800 is still going well!

Yes looked at that one too but have just ordered an MRA Vario and will see how I get on, hopefully helps, if not it may be the Givi. Hope the 800 is still going well!

All good, it'll be at Dent at the weekend if you're passing

Back
Top Bottom