New Forest 2022 5,6,7 Aug, The TTiTs do.

I have just been for a ride out to Hurst View camp site to check how busy they are and what you can and cant do

you can have a fire pit / BBQ and it can be charcoal but must be raised off the ground and you must have water there by the side just in case to put it out should you need to

at the moment they are not that busy but they said this will change on Friday

I had thought about taking my motorhome over there on Friday and for the weekend to solve the BBQ and fridge kitchen issue's which is possible but a right pain as i don't have my bike trailer here to take the bike as well

Which field does every one fancy when I've been before I pitched mid way between the toilets and the sea wall car park

Ian

OK onto critical matters - catering!!!

Last year we were blessed by having a couple of 4-wheelers with us who provided the kind of luxuries you struggle to bring on your Vespa (gas BBQs, cool boxes, chairs, table, windbreak...). Thanks again for all that Waps and DaveG.

However, this year I don't think we'll have any of that so have a think about catering. Our options for the evenings will include nipping to the Coop for some disposable BBQs and burgers or whatever, possibly a run to a chippy or a walk to the local Chequers pub.

In the mornings... do I remember correctly that the site shop/cafe offers coffee and bacon/egg sandwiches???

Anyway, the point is, expect less 'infrastructure' and be prepared to be a bit more creative this year.

Perhaps on Friday the best plan is to arrive, set up, then nip out for a shop for that evening's provisions and beers.

Any other ideas?

Sorry not to be with you all this year and also sorry I can't help out with 'accessories'. I had left it open just in case my circumstances changed but alas it's not to be.
I wish you all peace, love and lots of sausages and beer :D:beerjug::thumb

I have just been for a ride out to Hurst View camp site to check how busy they are and what you can and cant do

you can have a fire pit / BBQ and it can be charcoal but must be raised off the ground and you must have water there by the side just in case to put it out should you need to

at the moment they are not that busy but they said this will change on Friday

I had thought about taking my motorhome over there on Friday and for the weekend to solve the BBQ and fridge kitchen issue's which is possible but a right pain as i don't have my bike trailer here to take the bike as well

Which field does every one fancy when I've been before I pitched mid way between the toilets and the sea wall car park

Ian

Last year we were here, by the blue crosses. It was fine, but actually a bit exposed to the SW wind. Maybe a spot due east of here, through that gap in the hedge, would be more sheltered? Either way, wherever we can have a bit of space to ourselves will work.

Attachments

• gurst view.jpg
    gurst view.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 73
2 days to go and it's looking good - forecast for settled weather so far. :thumb2

If you have not got plans for this coming weekend and you fancy a night or two camping and talking rubbish with tossers face to face rather than over the ether.... come on down.

Just call the site to reserve your booking - you don't pay until you get there and sites aren't allocated so we just gather as a mob.

http://www.hurstviewleisure.co.uk/

Catering update - thanks Ian for confirming that we can use disposable BBQs if they are off the ground... so maybe a BBQ is on again for one night after all. However, there are plenty of other options locally so we'll just see what folks fancy. There's a good local supermarket (coop?) around the corner so you can just buy stuff when you arrive.

Whatsapp group

This proved really useful last year - if you want to send me a PM with your mobile number, I will start a whatsapp group so we can find each other and also stay in comms when everyone goes their own way during the day.

Doing this last year made a big difference and reduced the faffing by 140%

Paul

I'll be there, but due to family stuff probably not until early evening now, arriving on the awesome Himalayan

Saturday BBQ is a GO!!!!!

In a fabulously generous act, Ianak has decided to muck around bringing both his motorhome and bike to the site. This means we'll have access to a proper sized BBQ, fridge, tables.... all the stuff which will enable us to have a civilised BBQ. The BBQ provides a really good focus for everyone on Saturday evening.

So.. on Saturday whether you're at Sammy Miller's or on the beach, remember to bring a stack of food and booze back with you so we can have a really good Saturday evening.

Oh, and remember a couple of extra beers for Ian!

I have the green light and should be refreshed enough so see you guys for fri night. But will be leaving sat morning. Rugby and other things in orbit but I'll be there for Fri.

That's great news Don, and a big effort given that you're just back from France.

I have added you to the whatsapp group.

Just another thought - I was in Brockenhurst last weekend and I saw that the Balmer Lawn BMW / Royal Enfield dealership is open. Might be worth a visit for some? Importantly it's next door to a decent chippy.

Just another thought - I was in Brockenhurst last weekend and I saw that the Balmer Lawn BMW / Royal Enfield dealership is open. Might be worth a visit for some? Importantly it's next door to a decent chippy.

That would go down well on my return!

Mrs T asks - how did your weekend go?
I reply - all good Oh lovely wife
Mrs T asks - what did you do?

Oh nothing much, just stuffed Abi full of chips and bought another motorcycle!!!!! :D

A bit last-minute dot com but after a change of heart and work I just spoke to the site owner about pitch availability for my T5 camper just for tomorrow night at short notice and he thinks he can fit me in. I have a busy weekend planned but would love to camp over just on Friday night if I can and meet/greet a few folk and share in your company, I just need a leave pass from the missus as she is out at work all day Saturday and I have my little dog for company.

If the stars align for me I’ll pop across and crack open a few tins around the camp fire (if allowed to light one).

Regards

Adam

A bit last-minute dot com but after a change of heart and work I just spoke to the site owner about pitch availability for my T5 camper just for tomorrow night at short notice and he thinks he can fit me in. I have a busy weekend planned but would love to camp over just on Friday night if I can and meet/greet a few folk and share in your company, I just need a leave pass from the missus as she is out at work all day Saturday and I have my little dog for company.

If the stars align for me I’ll pop across and crack open a few tins around the camp fire (if allowed to light one).

Regards

Adam

Excellent news :beerjug:

Okay, leave pass approved, pitch booked and mobile number PM’d to Paul G.

See you sometime early tomorrow afternoon depending on traffic.
I’ll be coming over in my silver/burgundy VW T5 camper van as I finish work at noon.
My little 8 year old miniature schnauzer is a little timid at first but she is well behaved and pretty cute.

Okay, leave pass approved, pitch booked and mobile number PM’d to Paul G.

See you sometime early tomorrow afternoon depending on traffic.
I’ll be coming over in my silver/burgundy VW T5 camper van as I finish work at noon.
My little 8 year old miniature schnauzer is a little timid at first but she is well behaved and pretty cute.
Good man

This proved really useful last year - if you want to send me a PM with your mobile number, I will start a whatsapp group so we can find each other and also stay in comms when everyone goes their own way during the day.

Doing this last year made a big difference and reduced the faffing by 140%

Paul

PM sent. Cheers

As per last year, I’m now working tomorrow and it’s 50/50 I get called in Saturday too. Have fun all… I blame the good weather :mad:

Back
Top Bottom