New Forest 2022 5,6,7 Aug, The TTiTs do.

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello all -

We're off to the New Forest again, on the 5,6 7 August!! :beerjug:

There are two driving forces behind this event.

Firstly, when we did this last year it worked really well and most attendees expressed a desire to run it again.

Secondly - Toddy and I were chatting a while ago. We both have kids of a similar age (young teenagers, Sean and Abi), who enjoy motorcycling and are keen to see what a proper bikers' weekend looks like. So, this is going to be a kid friendly event.

Looking at last year, there was no reason that kids couldn't have been there - we were all relatively well behaved! So if you're not bringing a kid, don't worry it'll be just like last year and the late night tales around the BBQ will be just as funny.

But if you DO have a youngster who might be keen, bring them along knowing that there will be others there of a similar age for them to muck in with. During the day, we might ship them to the beach rather than Sammy Miller's, and you might be pressed into a late afternoon game of footy.... otherwise nothing will be any different to last time.

To recognise this slightly different approach, the event's been named the TTiTs weekend. (Tiny Tossers in Tents).

This is an easy going event - there are no bands or hog roasts - we just get together.

As a venue, we'll stick with the same as last year because they were very bike friendly, the facilities were pretty good and it was a good base from where we could do whatever we wanted during the day. Oh, the walking distance pub (The Chequers, with food) was excellent, too. It's good for tents, or motorhomes and caravans, there are chalets too if that's your thing. http://www.hurstviewleisure.co.uk/

Right then!

I have asked BHT to set up a new section for us under the events page, so that's where you'll find this thread.

Initially, perhaps just express intentions / interest so we can get a sense of who's coming.

Cheers,

Paul

Sounds like a good weekend. i'll add myself as an interest for this.

Do we need to prebook/reserve the camping with the site?.

Sounds like a good weekend. i'll add myself as an interest for this.

Do we need to prebook/reserve the camping with the site?.

Great stuff DJ - yes we all book independently, then on the weekend the first person there identifies the best bit of space where we subsequently gather and laager our tents. And indeed ourselves.

Confirmed in the Family Calendar and Tiny Toddy is just a tad excited about it all!

Looking forward to a cracking weekend where we will no doubt have to buy lots of ice cream!

Great stuff DJ - yes we all book independently, then on the weekend the first person there identifies the best bit of space where we subsequently gather and laager our tents. And indeed ourselves.

Perfect, thanks. I'll get my booking sorted for this.

Ill be up for this, pending not going to France the week before ;) It wa a cracking one last time. We'll need stick gatherers, bring the kids.

As this is on my doorstep best I attend it again
It was great to meet up with the wealth of knowledge and get other peoples experiences first hand

Sadly :( i'll not be able to make this one

I have a wedding to do on the Friday, and more than likely away the next day on holiday with the events organiser :)

If it's anything like the last one it should be a good event

:thumb

All things being even, I’ll be there.

Richard

PS I came by car last year, bringing my large BBQ. I’ll probably come by bike this time around. That being said, if the alternative is no BBQ, I’ll drive.

PPS Bringing junior Tossers is a great idea. I don’t have any anymore.

PS I came by car last year, bringing my large BBQ. I’ll probably come by bike this time around. That being said, if the alternative is no BBQ, I’ll drive.

Thanks Richard, that's brilliant. I suspect there will be one or two in vehicles so hopefully you will be on the bike - as you said a proper BBQ made a huge difference last year.

Hi All,

Given that camping in the UK has had an explosion in popularity post COVID, I thought it might be prudent to book myself and Abi in for the weekend.

Just phoned them up and they couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Reservation has been made for one Tent and two people - pay when you arrive was the advice!

Excellent! I do recommend that everyone books asap - it would be tragic if they started to turn any of us away.

Seeing as that camp site is only 20 miles from my here i might find that curiosity gets the better of me and have a quick trip down there to see if you are all as big a tosser in real life as you appear to be online...

Thank you Paul for organising this again. It was great to put faces to names last year. I hope to be away with Monkeyboy somewhere East this time if Vlad allows us. If not, I’ll definitely be there (with red wine). Cheers

Thanks for organising, have pinged off an email to book in. Not been to a Tossers weekend for years, looking forward to this, not bringing kids as they've all grown up and away now, not sure the grandchildren are ready for a bikers rally yet :D

Do we get rock bands, dancing girls, all night bar, a dodgy chuck waggon and just one stinky portaloo...

i might find that curiosity gets the better of me and have a quick trip down there to see if you are all as big a tosser in real life as you appear to be online...

Most of us are actually worse...

It would be great to see you, yes come on down.

Back
Top Bottom