Iceland and Scottish Highlands tent

Hilleberg Allak 3

I've used the Hilleberg Allak 3 for 2 of us and it was great. Bit more expensive than some other options but really glad we went for that.

Got it while I was working in the oil and gas industry up in Scotland and had a lot of free time on my hands. Did a number of trips round the Cairngorms and the poles held up very well in some strong winds.

My Allak 3 took a right battering the night after this pic was taken. Stood up to it brilliantly.

Attachments

• 6002CF32-40DA-4ECB-859B-6C96C3CA3CA9.jpg
    6002CF32-40DA-4ECB-859B-6C96C3CA3CA9.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 69
I bought a Wild Country Helm Compact 3 last year, used it 6 or 7 times and I reckon its a bargain.
Easy and quick to put up, just 2 poles, inner and fly together, loads of space for one plus associated crap and I can sit in my chair inside the tent (in the middle) and I'm 6'4".
Best part is the pack size is 30cm x 24cm so it slots in a pannier.
Looks like Terra Nova are using it under their brand rather than the Wild Country label now.

If I was going somewhere with biblical weather forecast I would be in a hotel for the night,

have a look at exped tents.i had a venus 3 for 12 years its stood upto 80 mph winds pissing rain and used very regular.eventually the sun weakend it.i am now looking at getting the orion 3 extreme .im 6' and can stand up in both tents,quick to erect and take down ithink it pays to put atarp over it or any tent to save it from uv rays. as with hillerburg you get what you paid for highly recomended.

Thanks everyone really appreciate the replies I'll work my way through the ones that have been recommended :)

Get a Hilleberg. :thumb2 Expensive yes but absolutely worth every penny and you’ll almost get your money back when / if you come to sell it.

Back
Top Bottom