My 40th R9T

R9T suspension improvements

So the other day I Rode my mates R9T which has Wilbers rear shock fitted as well as Wunderlich comfort seat. Now I know the suspension on R9T’s is not great but my one has the improved rear linkage which was a model year 21 change.

After half an hour on each other’s Urbans we compared and I’m pleased to say that there was not a huge difference at all. I was expecting night and day difference but they were very similar in ride comfort, compliance and general handling.

My mate noticed his seat was more comfy which I agree it was. I had a Wilbers shock in my shopping basket ready to consider if the difference had been noticeable. It wasn’t so I’ve saved £600 :thumb2

Out on the Urban today with mates down to Bahnstormer’s for coffee then of to the Waterfront cafe in Benson for brekkie by the river :beerjug:

" but my one has the improved rear linkage which was a model year 21 change."

What rear linkage? its a direct connection shock to swinging/transmission. Or have you been watching youtube?

Don't be mesmerized by Wilbers there are plenty of other less bank emptying options just as good and rebuild-able, just search the forum.

Barny

" but my one has the improved rear linkage which was a model year 21 change."

What rear linkage? its a direct connection shock to swinging/transmission.

Or have you been watching youtube?

Barny

That was my thinking as I read it

BMW’s boxers don’t have a linkage, I thought

Yeah one of many YouTube videos but also had a long chat when I was at Pier City Customs and he mentioned the improvements. I know the fittings at bottom of shock are different.

Main thing is the suspension at the rear is a big improvement on earlier models.

Jon :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom