Decisions SGS, RGS or UG

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAlEly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Heading to test ride a Street Glide Special and a Ultra Limited back to back tomorrow… but cannot get a test ride on RG.

Got conflated reasoning for wanting a SG, v UG v RG

Wife is only an occasional pillion now… so what the opinion on:

SG - with sissy bar and rack for solo riding most of the time and occasional pillion… uncomfortable ride two up with luggage - can’t see me putting a tour pack on a SG, which would be expensive and overloaded for the SG suspension, I think. But better to ride solo?

UG - great two up… but won’t be needed often… removal kit is expensive, I think, but I would then have a fully loaded SG bike to ride solo… sounds attractive…. Any negatives - weight etc, cost?

RG - how does it ride versus a SG/UG? Lighter steering! But not keen on looks? But, it’s growing on me. Cannot get a test ride from the 4 dealers near me. Often see RG Limiteds about which may be the best of all words. But can the suspension cope as it’s essential the same bike as SG from the tank back….?

Would appreciate any thoughts… The RG is beginning to appeal to me…. Why would you go for the RG over the SG except for the looks?

All experienced views would be good… I am having sleepless nights over making a decision :blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom