Something is coming R1300/1400 Adv.

Not even a solution, more an annoyance. Had keyless on my last GSA and petrol stations were a lottery every time, as to whether the filler cap would open or more often not.

Then you should have got a new cap. I have had keyless on my bike for over 3 years and on other bikes and after an initial cap failure on the early caps, been rock solid with no no issues whatsoever. Same on the T Max I use sometimes.

Love the keyless ignition on both the bikes, just the same as the BMW car, never has a problem with any of them. Been riding for well over 45 years and love all the toys along with all the other progress that has been made with any technology.

Not even a solution, more an annoyance. Had keyless on my last GSA and petrol stations were a lottery every time, as to whether the filler cap would open or more often not.

I bet you had a tank ring fitted and fastened the screws down too hard causing the problem. Then blaming the keyless. Of course you'll say No you haven't. My last three Keyless GSA's all had/have keyless, Never had any issues. In fact its easier as you don't need to physically faff around with a key.:blast

I bet you had a tank ring fitted and fastened the screws down too hard causing the problem. Then blaming the keyless. Of course you'll say No you haven't. My last three Keyless GSA's all had/have keyless, Never had any issues. In fact its easier as you don't need to physically faff around with a key.:blast

Because I’m the only member whose posted on this site about the keyless filler cap not working!! Don’t think so.

I never had an issue faffing with a key.
I've never had an issue faffing with a key , not in my front door, or garage door, or car ignition. BMW should make keyless an optional extra, provide 2 fobs with a Faraday pouch to keep them in for £400.
You have to get your keyless fob out to open the luggage, carry spare fob batteries, and an emergency platic key (just in case) anyway. The people that really want keyless could pay extra for the privilege and the rest of us pay less... simples.
It's the same with the self levelling lights and adaptive cruise control and the orange running lights / brake lights that some people aren't keen on, if the technofobes want it, make it an option, just like the billet stuff is.
The only options I would happily pay for is the comfort seat (instead of the standard torture device) back-lit switches, on reflection I would even pay extra for 'proper paint' on the engine, grease on the shaft splines, and a drain hole to let the water out of the final drive pivot.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Oooh, it needs 160hp min, and 17" rims and we can all hoon around Mexico at 150 miles an hour man......

:D:D:D

Apparently that is true

I’m an advocate of simplicity, but also a convert to modern tech too :D

I love the TFT, keyless, heated seats and grips etc etc on my 1250GSA and would feel robbed if they were not on it.

Anyone who thinks the current GS isn’t fun should ride better roads, I popped over to Dent on Saturday and had a great ride, it got especially squirrely on the way home, I was grinning from ear to ear. I’ve ridden the same roads on the wheezy old 1150 and had exactly the same ear to ear grin, so power is not the recipe for more fun imho.

If they are doing a 1300/1400 GS, I hope they look at introducing a smaller 1000cc boxer twin also, I’d have been happier with 105 bhp and 70mpg, than the 1250s power, but I want the boxer motor and all the GSA accoutrements.

Got a tank ring fitted ? ......

Because I’m the only member whose posted on this site about the keyless filler cap not working!! Don’t think so.

The only options I would happily pay for is the comfort seat (instead of the standard torture device) back-lit switches, on reflection I would even pay extra for 'proper paint' on the engine, grease on the shaft splines, and a drain hole to let the water out of the final drive pivot.

Has the latest GS still not got backlit switches then ?
The comfort seat is a real bug bear of mine .
Virtually every manufacturer does it.Why sell a bike ,possibly costing upwards of £20k with a substandard seat, expecting the owner to pay more for the comfort option from the accessories catalogue ?
It’s a money-making exercise and should be stopped.

Has the latest GS still not got backlit switches then ?
The comfort seat is a real bug bear of mine .
Virtually every manufacturer does it.Why sell a bike ,possibly costing upwards of £20k with a substandard seat, expecting the owner to pay more for the comfort option from the accessories catalogue ?
It’s a money-making exercise and should be stopped.

The standard seat is just fine, always has been, people’s arses are the problem.

Mine hasn't got backlit switch gear as it's only a 2019 1250GS, really glad I ordered the £50 optional comfort seats when speccing the bike though, after the test ride on the demo with standard seats thought it was a bargain.

Sorry but the keyless key is probably four time the size of a nornal chipped key that I had on my 2018 gsa and an utter pita to use , keyless is a f#gging utter waste of time.

Would have specced non keyless when I got my new bike if BMW would have allowed it

I wonder how much it is to replace the motor driven adaptive headlight light when/ if it goes wrong ?
Of all motorcycles... the GS/GSA with telelever front suspension (with it's inherent anti-dive characteristics) and paralever rear suspension + shaft drive (with it's inherent anti-squat characteristics) in addition to ESA auto levelling suspension to keep things level no matter that load is, surely is least in need of it.
Maybe on the R 1250 RS with telescopic forks it would come into its own.

Sorry but the keyless key is probably four time the size of a nornal chipped key that I had on my 2018 gsa and an utter pita to use , keyless is a f#gging utter waste of time.

Would have specced non keyless when I got my new bike if BMW would have allowed it

No need to be sorry :) Managed to fill up today and the fuel cap opened like it has always done for the last 3 years. Luckily I have large pockets that can take the massive keyless fob. Real world problems eh!

I wonder how much it is to replace the motor driven adaptive headlight light when/ if it goes wrong ?
Of all motorcycles... the GS/GSA with telelever front suspension (with it's inherent anti-dive characteristics) and paralever rear suspension + shaft drive (with it's inherent anti-squat characteristics) in addition to ESA auto levelling suspension to keep things level no matter that load is, surely is least in need of it.
Maybe on the R 1250 RS with telescopic forks it would come into its own.

You clearly don’t understand what it does…..it adjusts when you lean the bike, not when the front end goes up and down. It does this to put more light where you need it, unlike non adaptive headlights.

Apologies then Mr Flipfly never ridden one, just seen it mentioned in the comics and dismissed it, didn't realise it was a new fancy version of the cornering lights thing, does it work the motor all time or just when the head light is illuminated ?

Referring to the original post maybe BMW will be revealing something at the Berlin Motorrad event this July?

Apologies then Mr Flipfly never ridden one, just seen it mentioned in the comics and dismissed it, didn't realise it was a new fancy version of the cornering lights thing, does it work the motor all time or just when the head light is illuminated ?

I’ve no idea, but I should imaging it’s only when the headlight is on.

It does work very well. If it stops working I’ll set the height at the right level and use my Denali lights to do their thing (which negates the need for the headlight adjustment anyway).

Back
Top Bottom