Adv 350

Im still loving my Vespa GTS 300HPE but doubt it would do as well going back and forth to work through a winter as the the honda !!

I’m still hoping to get one soon.
The two coming in to my local dealer were due in early June.
Now supposedly mid July.

No idea whats the go with Honda to be honest, Doble used to have 3 or 4 of every model in stock, phone them up at 9am pick your new bike up at 2pm now 5and a half months wait !!
be interesting to hear your views on the bike Martin ,ill say how I found it tomorrow after ive collected it

Rob

No idea whats the go with Honda to be honest, Doble used to have 3 or 4 of every model in stock, phone them up at 9am pick your new bike up at 2pm now 5and a half months wait !!
be interesting to hear your views on the bike Martin ,ill say how I found it tomorrow after ive collected it

Rob

I emailed dealer for an update and he said the silver one had literally just arrived in the last 5 minutes.
The grey one is due in two weeks and he’s giving me first dibs but he has 6 orders !
I’m not home till late tomorrow as staying in Uk with wifey tonight.
Going to pop in first thing Monday to sit on one before committing .
Pretty sure il have it though .
Surprised you didn’t like the X-Adv as I rode one and the DCT was just as fabulous as on the ATAS.

The DCT is not for me im afraid I hate the system

Well collected the bike this morning, and instantly on start up it was very smooth and very quiet, on initial pull away it was very smooth, the acceleration was brisk but not willy shrinking, id say its not a lot if at all any quicker than the Vespa GTS 300 HPE however from 30-60 it did feel stronger, it is a bike that you dont feel the speed on I did get up to 85 a couple of times before realising,
the handling seems really good and certainly sure footed maybe ever so slightly harsh over bigger bumps but nothing compaired to the GTS,
fuel consumption 75.6mpg over the 80 mile ride home,so thats not bad at all
screen was at the highest position and I was getting quite a lot of blast but my daughter confirmed it was very windy as she could feel her car getting blown around also,ive got a adjustable lip ill try
fit and finish typical Honda flawless,
seat comfi and a bit lower than the X-adv which was a result as im a short arse at 5 foot 9, although very wide,
just went for a 10 min ride in the dark and the headlights are very good
the dash is not as good as the X-adv and has no real display for the Honda road sync app only spoken words but it still plays music reads out texts, makes and receives calls and does spoken instructions for the navigation, not keen on that, so fitted my Garmin XT this afternoon
Smart top box, nice but not worth the money at all !! I would have got the normal non smart one or a decent givi instead

All in all I like it, it could be a bit quicker but in the real world its quick enough it would sit at 70-80 all day long and return decent MPG, its a Honda so it wont just explode or rot into the floor

Ill take it out tomorrow and do some A and B roads to see what its like on them but it looks very promising thus far

Rob

Ok went for a ride this morning covered around 50 ish miles on mainly A, B and around town, this is where this bike makes more sense to me, its plenty quick enough for that type of riding, confident and comfi however this is where the suspension feels a but harsh, hit a deep man hole cover and you feel it !! but its not as bad as Im probably sounding so no biggie,
reset the trip and although not riding in the best way to conserve fuel few roll ons bit of traffic light with a Fiesta ST I was getting 76.4 mpg which is fantastic !!
only one niggle with it, when you have the Bluetooth on you cant toggle through the other trip computer functions ie Total mileage trip 1, 2 etc not sure if thats right ? ill take it up with the dealer when it goes for its first service,

the cheap and cheerful screen lip made a difference to the wind blast in the face, the Garmin XT is so much better then the App and the denali split hooters make it sound like a Ferrari rather than postman pats van,

I think ill pull the wheels off this week and spray them Gold just to jazz it up a bit and have a look for a graffix kit and a decent end can so I can be heard approaching cyclists which seemed to be a bit of a problem today

all in all its a good bike so far and it will be ideal for the purpose in which it was purchased, I doubt it will be the bike that gives me a full on robot chubby but for commuting and getting where you want to go its superb

Rob

Ok went for a ride this morning covered around 50 ish miles on mainly A, B and around town, this is where this bike makes more sense to me, its plenty quick enough for that type of riding, confident and comfi however this is where the suspension feels a but harsh, hit a deep man hole cover and you feel it !! but its not as bad as Im probably sounding so no biggie,
reset the trip and although not riding in the best way to conserve fuel few roll ons bit of traffic light with a Fiesta ST I was getting 76.4 mpg which is fantastic !!
only one niggle with it, when you have the Bluetooth on you cant toggle through the other trip computer functions ie Total mileage trip 1, 2 etc not sure if thats right ? ill take it up with the dealer when it goes for its first service,

the cheap and cheerful screen lip made a difference to the wind blast in the face, the Garmin XT is so much better then the App and the denali split hooters make it sound like a Ferrari rather than postman pats van,

I think ill pull the wheels off this week and spray them Gold just to jazz it up a bit and have a look for a graffix kit and a decent end can so I can be heard approaching cyclists which seemed to be a bit of a problem today

all in all its a good bike so far and it will be ideal for the purpose in which it was purchased, I doubt it will be the bike that gives me a full on robot chubby but for commuting and getting where you want to go its superb

Rob

Cool !
My dealer had a silver one in on Friday so I’m going to pop along in the morning and sit on it and if I like it I’m going to go firm on the grey one due in two weeks .
He needs an answer as he has 2 bikes with 6 orders !

I don't think there's a lot if any performance difference between the ADV and the Forza I think its purely styling, I read back my prior post and it does sound like im downing the bikes performance which im really not, there's lots of lower powered bikes out there which many people are perfectly happy with, its plenty quick enough to keep up and exceed the UK speed limits
its 0-60 is still quicker than a RS2000 or 3Ltr Capri (showing my age there) ok BMW 320i so its not slow !

Hopefully you'll like it when you have had a sit on it Martin then pull the trigger, let us know what you think

Rob

I don't think there's a lot if any performance difference between the ADV and the Forza I think its purely styling, I read back my prior post and it does sound like im downing the bikes performance which im really not, there's lots of lower powered bikes out there which many people are perfectly happy with, its plenty quick enough to keep up and exceed the UK speed limits
its 0-60 is still quicker than a RS2000 or 3Ltr Capri (showing my age there) ok BMW 320i so its not slow !

Hopefully you'll like it when you have had a sit on it Martin then pull the trigger, let us know what you think

Rob

There’s nothing wrong with the Forza.
But I just find the styling a bit bulbous and dated.
The ADV just looks more modern and minimalist , as seen here.
Ignore the dicking about.

https://youtu.be/xT46jKr_8_E

I’m sure the Forza has got better weather protection etc but I’d only use it on good days as it won’t be an all weather commuter .
Think the ADV has a 15mm higher seat height too so possibly just a bit more roomy.

"A full on robot chubby" Fuck me I must be old, or perhaps I am not down with the bruvz....WTF does it mean?

I have had a good look at these today, as they seem popular over here and not expensive, but they still look as though they might blow yer slippers off.....

Yes after watching mark doing that hard core off roading, is what made me think why do I need my 701 when the 350adv is obviously just as capable !!!

I actually cringed when I watched that 😂

Rob

Just been to dealer and sat in the bike . Still in workshop as yet to be PDI’d

fd328028e9ace42fc61a4f40597e868c.jpg

9c7afbdcf52ba2c8d44912453b982b5e.jpg

Feels pretty good . I’m sure there’s more leg room than the Forza and I love the minimalist display etc .

Went firm on the grey one which should be coming in about two weeks .

Back
Top Bottom