Adv 350

Thanks Rob, good to know it's a sealed unit, next info would be if it has more life in it than at the chain driven 750, time will tell on that one.

Prudhoe Bay is at the most northern end of the Pan American Highway, basically the top of Alaska.

Written in the conclusion it says the ADV would be fine for fire trails and gravel tracks. Does this mean that the belt drive is fully enclosed to protect it from gravel and other crap getting to the belt, so maybe a trip to Prudhoe Bay would be feasible?

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure that even though it’s fully enclosed the drive casing does actually breathe somewhere, there’s a fan on the outer face of the crank pulley which I presume is for cooling

In the picture of the engine above (thanks Arsey) there look to be holes in the front of the black plastic cover ???

Also the air box is directly on top of the drive casing so you’re not going to be fording rivers

Just collected it.
Wow. It’s bloody fab.
Seems to be much nicer riding position and more leg room then the Forza. Goes like stink too .
Very impressed. Shame the Bluetooth connectivity doesn’t seem to work with iPhones.

8e44221a4e560917bd56a9b5d475879f.jpg

1c2c90826fec221cc087b4f7a2c21a0f.jpg

af1a976e984c0a985f1637984e21a77a.jpg

319cab794da8dcb40a9cb58e14a66a16.jpg

Just collected it.
Wow. It’s bloody fab.
Seems to be much nicer riding position and more leg room then the Forza. Goes like stink too .
]

Guess it’s subjective, the bars are higher and wider than the Forza but I found the footboards felt higher and the leg position more cramped

Either way, you did well to grab one as it seems the wait times are getting longer

Enjoy the new scoot :thumb2

Guess it’s subjective, the bars are higher and wider than the Forza but I found the footboards felt higher and the leg position more cramped

Either way, you did well to grab one as it seems the wait times are getting longer

Enjoy the new scoot :thumb2

Bizarre . Seat is higher on ADV and definitely felt roomier .
I much prefer the modern look , TFT thingy and small screen .
Forza is probably a better all weather commuter , but as a fun bike to nip to town or the beach on, the ADV is perfect .

Yep I found the Bluetooth is android only as is the XADV and the R1250GS as i found out after buying a new Rallye TE and having a 40 minute conversation with BMW Technical in Germany
I now have 2 phones and foward calls to the Samsung each time i go out on either the GS or the Adv !! a true faf to be honest but needs must and i do like a bit of music on the go !!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it Martin the photo's are really good, mines done just over 200 miles now so will think about the first service soon, result is I got that thrown in with the deal

let me know if you find any "csnt live without" farkles

Rob

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure that even though it’s fully enclosed the drive casing does actually breathe somewhere, there’s a fan on the outer face of the crank pulley which I presume is for cooling

In the picture of the engine above (thanks Arsey) there look to be holes in the front of the black plastic cover ???

Also the air box is directly on top of the drive casing so you’re not going to be fording rivers

Thanks Leadfarmer, I thought there'd be a breather in there somewhere. I've not had much/any experience with drive belts or pulley systems. Comparing the 750 with the 350, I'd have thought the DCT and chain drive would be more easier for maintenance and cost. I'm sure Arsey (;)) will give a full brief on the pro's and cons of the two in the not too distant future.

Thanks Leadfarmer, I thought there'd be a breather in there somewhere. I've not had much/any experience with drive belts or pulley systems. Comparing the 750 with the 350, I'd have thought the DCT and chain drive would be more easier for maintenance and cost. I'm sure Arsey (;)) will give a full brief on the pro's and cons of the two in the not too distant future.

All I know is the 350 is half the price of the 750 but is much more than half the bike !!!

All I know is the 350 is half the price of the 750 but is much more than half the bike !!!

Ain’t that the truth :nod

I looked at the 750 to begin with but for what I was buying it for the 350 is better suited

I’m using it for my work commute which includes a few km of dual carriage way and some traffic queues that I filter

The 350 has better storage, it’s narrower and lighter for filtering and parking, it’s better equipped than the 750 and there’s no chain maintenance, let’s face it, you buy a scooter for its convenience and practicality

I’m hoping to use it for as much of the year as I can so I got heated grips, who knows, maybe I’ll end up going full parisien with a shite bag strapped to it :D

The 750 is certainly a great bike but it’s really just a motorcycle in drag and it’s expensive for what it is, although I’m a fan of DCT boxes they can be a bit clunky in slow traffic whereas the CVT is always smooth and effortless, and completely maintenance free (apart from scheduled services)

The price really wasn’t a deciding factor for me but it’s certainly a nice bonus at literally half the price :)

Ain’t that the truth :nod

I looked at the 750 to begin with but for what I was buying it for the 350 is better suited

I’m using it for my work commute which includes a few km of dual carriage way and some traffic queues that I filter

The 350 has better storage, it’s narrower and lighter for filtering and parking, it’s better equipped than the 750 and there’s no chain maintenance, let’s face it, you buy a scooter for its convenience and practicality

I’m hoping to use it for as much of the year as I can so I got heated grips, who knows, maybe I’ll end up going full parisien with a shite bag strapped to it :D

The 750 is certainly a great bike but it’s really just a motorcycle in drag and it’s expensive for what it is, although I’m a fan of DCT boxes they can be a bit clunky in slow traffic whereas the CVT is always smooth and effortless, and completely maintenance free (apart from scheduled services)

The price really wasn’t a deciding factor for me but it’s certainly a nice bonus at literally half the price :)

I’ve got heated grips on order and the Givi top box and rack which is 1/4 the price of the Honda box !
Been out on it this morning briefly but heading off to France/Belgium imminently on KTM.

Only done 30 miles but I’m loving the ADV so far .

A good price is always a bonus. I'm basically looking to the future where I can jump on a scooter, add one of those tilting sidecars for a bit more stability and finish of my global trip.

I'd rather not be tied to sealed roads and try to make it to the top of the Pan American then head over to Cape Town and work my way up. I know all these things are dreams at present but once I can get over my pain problems I'll be splashing out on a suitable scooter.

I'll probably be harping on ad infinitum, but it keeps my hopes up. :)

Apologies if I've missed it (I've read the entire thread, scout's honour!), but what's the range on one of these before needing to refuel (yes, I know everyone's different, but are we talking 150 miles or 200+ miles to a tankful? Could either of you lucky owners comment on it's ability 2-up, especially for a weekend away either with very light camping gear, or for a B&B?
Cheers,
Dave.

Range is said to be around 200 miles on a full tank but I’d guess a bit less 2 up

Holds its speed no problem 2 up including up hill but I haven’t really tested the acceleration as I’m running it in

Wifey says the seat is very comfortable and the angle of the top box back rest is perfect, the screen on the Forza protects the passenger quite well

The sides of the bodywork at the rear can dig into the passenger’s calves a bit on the Forza but moving their feet slightly cures the problem, I don’t think the ADV has the same problem

Wifey said it would be fine for a few hours but maybe not for a foreign trip, I’ve got a GS for that anyway:)

Ive not ridden mine 2 up to be honest and doubt i will, ive got the 1250GS for that, id say the tank range will be around the 200 mark from what ive got left

Apologies if I've missed it (I've read the entire thread, scout's honour!), but what's the range on one of these before needing to refuel (yes, I know everyone's different, but are we talking 150 miles or 200+ miles to a tankful? Could either of you lucky owners comment on it's ability 2-up, especially for a weekend away either with very light camping gear, or for a B&B?
Cheers,
Dave.

Went out with wifey on mine 2 up yesterday and she loved it.
Very comfy and pulled no problem.

Range is said to be around 200 miles on a full tank but I’d guess a bit less 2 up

Holds its speed no problem 2 up including up hill but I haven’t really tested the acceleration as I’m running it in

Wifey says the seat is very comfortable and the angle of the top box back rest is perfect, the screen on the Forza protects the passenger quite well

You may be confusing people as you don’t actually have an ADV but keep posting about your Forza instead.
This is an ADV350 thread so is really about the ADV.

If anyone is thinking of getting an ADV 350 in the UK, then you'll be looking at getting it just in time for a 23 reg, and at £100 extra to a 2022 bike.

That’s not bad John
I was told by 3 Honda dealers when I was looking for my one that if I put a deposit down then the expected delivery date would be the 2nd week of December!!
Luckily one of them kept my number and rand me when a guy cancelled his order, I paid for it over the phone there and then and collected it the next day although I had to have the smart top box !!

Back
Top Bottom