Adv 350

I’m now over 500 miles in and intending to use my adv through the winter but think I need to find some wind protection for my hands.

I have got some Tucano R319 muffs that won’t clear the switchgear, has anyone found any hand guard extensions or another solution that might help keep the wind off.

heated gloves for me on my commute Daffy , its only. a 30 min ride in , so not too bad .

I sold mine bought the Tmax 560 in the end and hated it, traded that in for a F900XR which was a great little bike but the Engine noise and clutch soon put paid to that, so traded that for a GSXS-1000GT
I am waiting for Arsey to sell his silver one and ill buy it as I regret selling mine !!
Great little bike

Rob

Hi Rob, you might have already talked about this elsewhere and I've missed it , .. but what did you hate about the TMax ? ... I sat on a Forza 350, quite liked it but the switch cluster under the left bar caught on my knee, . .I don think the ADV 350 has this ... is the ADV 350 a better bike than the Forza in your opinion ?

Thanks
JohnC

Hi Rob, you might have already talked about this elsewhere and I've missed it , .. but what did you hate about the TMax ? ... I sat on a Forza 350, quite liked it but the switch cluster under the left bar caught on my knee, . .I don think the ADV 350 has this ... is the ADV 350 a better bike than the Forza in your opinion ?

Thanks
JohnC

The ADV350 is vastly superior to the Forza !! :)

Had a sit on one at the weekend .........................nice but no T max

Correct. Having had both a Tmax and now an ADV350,the latter is much more useful to me.
Costs less than half the price of a Tmax, will do 95mph, yet is SO much lighter and more flickable than the Yamaha.
Much more underseat storage and also does 75 mpg.
The ADV350 is utterly fabulous.
Okay, a Tmax would be better on a trip to the Alps, like what I did in 2017,but the ADV is better at most other things.

Correct. Having had both a Tmax and now an ADV350,the latter is much more useful to me.
Costs less than half the price of a Tmax, will do 95mph, yet is SO much lighter and more flickable than the Yamaha.
Much more underseat storage and also does 75 mpg.
The ADV350 is utterly fabulous.
Okay, a Tmax would be better on a trip to the Alps, like what I did in 2017,but the ADV is better at most other things.

Thanks for the info .. would you also consider the ADV350 better than the Forza 350 or are they basically the same but different clothes?

Thanks for the info .. would you also consider the ADV350 better than the Forza 350 or are they basically the same but different clothes?

Same motor.
Leadfarmer will be along to tell you that the Forza has better weather protection ,but it does look a tad gay. Whereas the ADV is bangin !!!!

a918b60f58c9c880677b4aa86ce4a0b8.jpg

The problem with the current for a 350 is the Matt paint finish on the red one. Not nice.

The problem with the current for a 350 is the Matt paint finish on the red one. Not nice.

mine is red. no problem with it at all ...looks great easy to clean etc..I also rode the Forza and the ADV back to back. like night and Day. The adv does what I need it to do and rides better than the Forza. it is more comfortable and has wider bars . hope you get what you need in readiness for summer

mine is red. no problem with it at all ...looks great easy to clean etc..I also rode the Forza and the ADV back to back. like night and Day. The adv does what I need it to do and rides better than the Forza. it is more comfortable and has wider bars . hope you get what you need in readiness for summer

Ditto.
Rode the Forza and was left cold by it.
Sat on an ADV and decided to buy it as dealer gave me first dibs with a long list of buyers wanting it.
It’s utterly brilliant. Great handling,with proper forks.Love the styling and the minimalist LCD dash.
Added a Givi top box and rack with back rest and cargo net for £143 delivered, compared to £600 for the Honda jobby, so storage is huge.
Quite tempted to do a euro trip on it next year.

5d39fdb99c7345f05a7646536b000d7f.jpg

b9ae18e7134a023259a46f890e002355.jpg

Ride them both and choose the one you prefer, they’re the same but different :nod

The ideal would be the weather protection and electric screen of the Forza with the suspension of the ADV,

LCD or analog instruments may or may not be important for you, practicality is pretty much identical as is performance

The looks are subjective, one looks a bit gay the other is kinda trying too hard, again choose your preference

Either way, they are great little bikes at a decent price

Ride them both and choose the one you prefer, they’re the same but different :nod

The ideal would be the weather protection and electric screen of the Forza with the suspension of the ADV,

LCD or analog instruments may or may not be important for you, practicality is pretty much identical as is performance

The looks are subjective, one looks a bit gay the other is kinda trying too hard, again choose your preference

Either way, they are great little bikes at a decent price

This about sums it up for me, I had ordered an ADV but was it old it would be 2023 before i saw it so the dealer ordered me a forza just to sit on and if I wanted it then I could take it.

They both turned up on the same day so i had an ADV in red and a Forza in blue right in front of me and a decision to be made.

I liked the screen and weather protection of the Forza and I liked the proper bars on the ADV, it could have been the flip of a coin but in the end I decided on the adv, the reason being that I didnt order the forza in the first place so thought that I would stick with plan A.

You wont be disappointed with either but if you are commuting in all weather then forza is the way to go.

Ditto.
Rode the Forza and was left cold by it.
Sat on an ADV and decided to buy it as dealer gave me first dibs with a long list of buyers wanting it.
It’s utterly brilliant. Great handling,with proper forks.Love the styling and the minimalist LCD dash.
Added a Givi top box and rack with back rest and cargo net for £143 delivered, compared to £600 for the Honda jobby, so storage is huge.
Quite tempted to do a euro trip on it next year.

5d39fdb99c7345f05a7646536b000d7f.jpg

b9ae18e7134a023259a46f890e002355.jpg

I had a good around an X-Adv in the same colour - an inmate's from this place and it didn't look half bad, I could see the attraction..............but the X-Adv is very similar to a bike, wrapped in scooter clothes

I had a good around an X-Adv in the same colour - an inmate's from this place and it didn't look half bad, I could see the attraction..............but the X-Adv is very similar to a bike, wrapped in scooter clothes

Agreed.
The attraction for me of the 350 is the huge underseat storage,whereas the X-ADV 750 has much less due to the bigger motor being more obtrusive.

Back
Top Bottom