Adv 350

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody got one yet ?

36501320c57d4707007fd810b679fa7c.jpg

Gets good reviews

https://youtu.be/q8YA36dN8gc

Recently bought wifey an sh125i and been using it a bit and forgotten how easy scoots are to use/nip into town etc, with the underseat storage for helmet and kit.
I had a new Tmax a couple of years ago which I took to the South of France. Loved it but they are now silly money and very big.
This Adv is under £5k new for me so under half the price of the X-Adv 750 etc and I really don’t need the extra power/bulk.

The only possible downside for me is the foot position.
I tried a Forza 350 and didn’t like the way my feet were stuck back a bit due to the angled foot pads which let you stretch out-not comfy for me as plays havoc with the dodgy knees.

The Adv looks similar but it might be more roomy

77a063ebbeb189f06f8154ade91463a5.jpg

Anybody tried one/bought one ? Ta

Tried one the weekend before last back to back with a Forza

I found the floorboards higher on the ADV compared to the seat so the Forza was more comfortable for me, I’m average height (by the way that bottom pic is the 750)

The suspension on the ADV is very squidgy when you first sit on it but harsh over bumps, to me it’s no better than the Forza surprisingly, it was the only reason I tried the ADV

At the end of the day the looks are completely subjective but I prefer the Forza which has better wind/weather protection and the electric screen

The analog clocks and lcd display on the Forza are fine for me, not bothered about the digital display on the ADV

I’ve ordered a Forza, hopefully it will be here end of July :thumb2

I went for the Yamaha XMAX 300. There's not a lot of difference in the price between that and the Forza. Also, my local Yamaha dealer had this in stock and knocked £300 off. I did want to test ride the Forza but from reviews that I've seen on YouTube there's not a lot in it and I couldn't find anywhere that had one is stock. I don't want to waste the good weather waiting for a bike to come into stock either.

Also, the Yamaha was in stock and I much prefer the colour of it. I collect it on Friday and for once, torrential rain is not forecast as it normally is on 'bike pick-up day'.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 18.52.31.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 18.52.31.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 2,140
Took my Z900rs that I’ve traded in to the shop this morning

They had a metallic/pearl white one that had arrived with two grey ones, I decided I preferred the white now I’ve seen them in the flesh so I changed my order, thought it might be a bit more visible in traffic too as I filter like a monster :cool:

The stock bike has the smart top box that I hadn’t ordered but he did me a very good deal on it so I’ll take it as a bonus :thumb2

This is mine :D

Attachments

• CC9750AA-5776-47EB-925F-9C23916B1EE3.jpg
    CC9750AA-5776-47EB-925F-9C23916B1EE3.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 2,005
What speed would you expect a 300/350 to cruise at?

I was very surprised when I went with a mate to pick up his vespa 250 and it did 200 miles or so sitting at 70.

Yeah, it should at least be “practical” :D

The floorboards felt higher on the ADV in relation to the seat so I felt a bit more crunched up, which is strange because as far as I know they have the same frame and under seat storage space

I’d say try both if you’re thinking of getting one as they are different

I bought one today, had a call from a Honda dealer I phoned a couple of weeks ago trying to find one, they just had a cancelled order and I was the first one they called so I had it, didnt really want the smart top box that was ordered with it especially at just shy of £800 but it was fitted already so I had it
the dealer said it was the last one coming till the 2nd week of December !! not sure if thats correct !!
collecting it Saturday morning
reason for getting it was I liked the style of the X-adv but hated the gearbox so sold it and bought a Vespa GTS300 HPE that is good but wanted something a little less fragile
hopefully it will be what im looking for

Attachments

• thumbnail_88bbfb8f-b915-4205-96e2-1a858656db3a.jpg
    thumbnail_88bbfb8f-b915-4205-96e2-1a858656db3a.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 1,820
Seems supplies are short

My dealer said they are not allowed to order any more stock bikes at the moment, only orders with names on them

I asked if the black one I had ordered would replace the white stock one I’d taken, he said no, the order would be canceled!

Apparently Honda are checking up on registration details to make sure dealers are not “cheating” by ordering for bogus customers :eek:

Yep Dobles told me they would not be getting any stock bikes till the end of 2023 !! only ordered bikes would be supplied, so no more popping out for a coffee and coming home with a new bike LOL

I bought one today, had a call from a Honda dealer I phoned a couple of weeks ago trying to find one, they just had a cancelled order and I was the first one they called so I had it, didnt really want the smart top box that was ordered with it especially at just shy of £800 but it was fitted already so I had it

Wow, that's an expensive easy unlock feature. Will it lock if the "keys" are in it? What I'm trying to ask is a Givi top box can just be shut with the locks set in the locked position, which is how you can lock the keys in the top box (never done it myself!)

Did you look at the Forza 350 as well? USD forks / screen and handguards look obvious differences to me.

Saw this whilst on holiday in Kefalonia...........does this count :okay

Attachments

• 2013-05-13 12.50.07.jpg
    2013-05-13 12.50.07.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 658
Does seem a bit steep, it’s 665 euros here for the whole kit on the ADV

On the Forza it’s 500 euros if ordered with the bike, I got mine for 350 euros on top of my original deal without top box

Yes John I did look at the Forza liked the electric screen but I bought a new X-adv a couple of months ago and loved the looks riding position etc but simply hated the DCT Gearbox even though it was the latest one with the adjustable shift pattern in user mode it still was horrible, so when this one came up I thought lets go I suppose I could have had it without the top box but just thought stuff it its fitted now so just pay up and look big LOL
ive ordered Oxford heated grips, as albeit the Honda ones come up on the dash they was not that hot and bloody expensive, ive ordered a denali split,optimate lead, 12v socket for the top box and a small no plate,

not too sure on the functionality of the top box yet but the way I understand it is that when you walk away with the remote in your pocket it locks so doubt you can lock the keys in it but will report back once the bike is here
Rob

Back
Top Bottom