Timmelsjoch Question ?

Out of interest I was up there 2 weeks ago the Museum was still closed and so was the road on the south side just after the toll. Anyone going over the pass should check both, I think the museum is opening in June.

July should see myself and young 'fs996' from this Parish heading North-East up from Stelvio/Gavia direction.

we can run a loop up to Landeck, Oetz way, and enter the Timmelsjoch from Austrian side, or,

run up through Bolzano, Morano way and enter Timmelsjoch from Italian side.

Assuming we have a jolly good mooch about at the summit, and glacier, etc etc,
My question is: Do we miss anything if we cut out the bit between Oetz and Soelden?
having got there via say Gavia, Tonale passes etc.

(Apologies, I have contravened normal practise and commenced constructing my own gpx files, LOL ) :augie

Thank You All who replied above, and all who contribute here.

Have just returned from a fantastic trip, Vosges, Konstanz, Landeck, Stelvio, Gavia, Tonale, Timmelsjoch, Jaufen,
Dolomites Sella, Cortina, Zoncolan, Delle Vette, Vrsic , Nockalmstrasse, and return.

Mr Garmin kept his demonic bargain, and the newest MyRouteApp, made prep and loading a doddle.
No Marmottes were harmed, and relatively few camera's flashed at me....
except FotoStelvio2022 who may yet prove almost as costly :D

Cant wait to go again!!

Bit late to the party but Arabba is good place to base yourself, we had a good trip from there, the week before we got there it was snowing, we had brilliant sunshine, glad you had a good trip

Sometimes you discover something so good, you dont tell anyone else about it…. And then again Life is so much better when you put something back in, after others have previously given so generously..

So heres my recommendation for the perfect ‘Biker Hotel’ located at the junction of the Timmelsjoch and Jaufen passes

Hotel Schlossberg , Jaufenstrass 48, San Leonardo in Passiria, 39015, Italy

Superb location, recently modernised refurbished rooms, friendly local family owners/hosts, parking under cover, excellent food, happy price, verandah overlooking a lively hairpin with many bikes providing brisk entertainment.

Really VERY highly recommended, even though I only had the one night’s stay.

There, my karmah should be good now ����

Zl0jzDI8_t.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
and here we are, rampaging up the Stelvio :D

Back
Top Bottom