we are off

leedude03

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
well when i say of off i mean 4.am tomorrow, heading to dover to catch the 9,00am ferry to Calais and other than that no idea of what is next, apart from heading to south of France and either going east or west depending on the weather. We have 5 weeks or a little longer or maybe a bit less depending on funds, i will be keeping this post updated as we go along.
It has been a long time in coming due to restrictions, so we will be making the most of it.:beerjug::okay

well when i say of off i mean 4.am tomorrow, heading to dover to catch the 9,00am ferry to Calais and other than that no idea of what is next, apart from heading to south of France and either going east or west depending on the weather. We have 5 weeks or a little longer or maybe a bit less depending on funds, i will be keeping this post updated as we go along.
It has been a long time in coming due to restrictions, so we will be making the most of it.:beerjug::okay

Enjoy. :okay

Thanks we will try, bike all loaded, forgot to say it will be a mixture of hotels and camping.

Attachments

• DSC024851.jpg
    DSC024851.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 679
That's the sort of thread we all like to read !:) Utterly brilliant ! 5 weeks ? Have a fantastic time as I am sure you will... I for one will follow you around Europe :)

Thanks guys we will try, next post will be from France catch you all later. we are out of here.:beerjug::okay:okay

so a longish day today 460 miles covered arrived at the digs just after 4.00pm, so 12 hours done with an hour and a half on ferry and a couple of stops for fuel and food. not to hot and ideal for travel. No pictures all riding, going down through the Morvan tomorrow so will take a few and post up tomorrow.

Sorry about the late update but we had a slight trauma with me dropping the bike on a diesel spill pulling out of a car park, but hey ho these things happen, so we are 1000 miles into the trip and after zig zaging our way down to the south of France via 3 stops in B and Bs we are at our first camp site at Montbrun Les Bains. the journey down was a mix of torrential rain for a day and then a couple of mixed days thunder and sun, you know the sort of mixed weather when its been hot.
So apart from the misshap and weather the journey down was very good with us avoiding all but the first 75 mile of peage, we came through the Morvan and stayed on as many small roads as possible, this made the days a lot longer but very worth while. so a few pics of the trip so far. there will be more to come as we move around.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 448
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 432
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 431
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 428
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 444
a couple of the camp

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 431
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 438
What an absolute shit dropping the bike on diesel,hope it wasn't too damaged and that you guys are ok.

Lovely pictures.Have a safe trip

Kimbo

Yes all good thanks just a bruised foot. A broken mirror and panniers damage.

Following with interesting, two weeks touring France scheduled in September with a group of 9 and a blank canvas.

Re spill, at least you got it out of the way early, there's always something! Enjoy your trip.

Back
Top Bottom