EXPORTING ROUTE FROM MYROUTE (ANDROID SAMSUNG) TO NAV 6

Gordyman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been planning my route to Turkey on my PC using MR. I have been playing around with the different maps and features using the MR video guides and also all the various tips etc in these threads.

I will be taking my Samsung phone and Samsung tablet with me. Therein lies my problem. The connector app will not work with neither my phone nor my tablet.

I have no problem exporting from my PC. As such I am assuming that it is a windows problem? I have tried the MR help site but cannot find any reference to this. From all the threads I have read on UKGSER in the MR forum I cannot find a reference to this issue either. Is this because so far all everyone on this MR forum are Apple users? I am hoping this is not the case and someone out there can they help me with a solution??

Once I have planned my whole Turkey route on my PC I can export it this way, however I want to be able to plot other routes while on my travels if needs be hence my need to resolve the android issue if possible.

Any help and advice that you can give will as always be much appreciated. Thanks.

have you not got the mra app on your phone along with garmin drive? create route on laptop or whatever and it will be on your phone then bluetooth it via garmin drive app to the device

Install the MyRoute app on your phone.

Similarly, if you create a route in the app on your phone, it will appear on your PC.

Hi Autogs & Richard
Thanks for your replies. Before I posted I had already installed the MR app on both my phone and tablet and the routes that I have created are already on both my phone and tablet. My problem is getting the routes from the tablet or the phone into my Nav6. Every time that I go through the process I get to the drop down menu that provides the 'open route' button when I click on this nothing happens. When I go through the same process on my PC it all works correctly.

Autogs I didn't have Garmin drive on my phone so I installed it following your reply. But no matter how many times I try the phone can't find my Nav6 via blue tooth to pair. I have tried it both ways (phone searching for Nav and Nav searching for phone). All the settings on both units are ticked regarding blue tooth visibility etc.

I have been redoing everything all morning but still I am getting nowhere. I have gone through the Garmin Drive App trouble shooting but everything suggested I have already done to no avail.

Not sure what to do next. I don't know enough (as in anything :nenau) about windows but this seems to be the only thing I can think of that may be the issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Nav VI is away at BMW and unfortunately I use an Apple phone, so I’m not going to be of much help to you, I’m afraid.

However, there are enough MyRoute and android phone uses on the forum, so someone should have an answer.

My Nav VI is away at BMW and unfortunately I use an Apple phone, so I’m not going to be of much help to you, I’m afraid.

However, there are enough MyRoute and android phone uses on the forum, so someone should have an answer.

Very inconsiderate of you to have your Nav 6 at bmw when I need you :D
I have managed to pair the two at last I tried a different way. However the Garmin Drive App still won't link it just hangs with the circle of death even though both units clearly show the pairing. So I am aborting the blue tooth across suggestion at the moment.

I am going to post same request as posted in my original thread above to MR support.

Hopefully will get there in the end.

Cheers

I don't know if it is different on an Android phone, but for my Iphone, this seems to work;
Open MRA mobile and click "my Routes".
Select the required route from the routes list, click on the three dots & choose "save as".
Select GPX 1.1 or 1.2 & click "save" again .
Several icons will appear - choose Garmin Drive.
Click "send".
"Sending to device" will appear on the screen, followed by "GPX file sent".
The Zumo will import the route & a message will appear saying "new tracks were received & were added to tracks".
Click "OK"
The route will appear in "Explore - Tracks & Trip Planner.

Hope this helps.

Hi all I have been trying all the suggestions above and many more from the MR helps guides and also Garmin help but still cannot get anything from MR into neither my Samsung phone nor Samsung tablet.
I kept having trouble getting my Nav6 and both the samsungs to see each other in blue tooth mode. But after continuous retrying and standing on my head they finally are paired to the Nav6. However the Drive App will not connect to the Nav6. On the devices the app just tortuously shows the circle of death saying 'looking for Garmin device'. On my Nav6 the Bluetooth screen clearly shows that both devices are paired but while the Drive App is looking for them the Nav6 shows connected for a few seconds, then not connected, then connecting and then connected and so the cycle continues ad infinitum. l kept trying all day yesterday and again this morning but still the same thing ( I am at the definition of madness stage now, continuously doing the same thing and hoping for a different outcome!).

I have tried every help suggestion in the Garmin Drive but nothing has resolved the problem.

I have also down loaded the Garmin smartphone link and this works perfectly well so I tried the manual upload and download as detailed in the MR manual and similar to Stroller in #7 above I still cannot download the folder via the smart phone link. I appreciate that the Garmin Drive is the tool for manual download but as this won't connect to my Nav6 I thought I would try the smartphone link as a workaround.

Today I am going to borrow my wife's ipad to see if it all works ok with Apple.

My sat nav is a replacement for my original from Garmin. The screen on my old one started to play up and they could not repair it so the Nav 6 I have now is a replacement and so is in as new condition.

The Drive app on my iPhone won’t connect to my Nav V, if that is any consolation; the whirly wheel just spinning. It will though connect with my XT, very reliably. I then Bluetooth the routes from my XT to the Nav V. That’s no great help to you but at least you are not alone and it’s not necessarily an android problem.

The Drive app on my iPhone won’t connect to my Nav V, if that is any consolation; the whirly wheel just spinning. It will though connect with my XT, very reliably. I then Bluetooth the routes from my XT to the Nav V. That’s no great help to you but at least you are not alone and it’s not necessarily an android problem.
Hi Richard
In a perverse way I am so pleased that you have the same problem at least I am not going mad! I have just finished trying my wife's ipad but the result is the same. So I am not going to waste any more time and head banging on walls as I need to start plotting route. I am going to look for a reliable cheapish lap top to take with me instead of my tablet. So now to Which mag for lap top reviews. :thumb

In a perverse way, I'm pleased, too.

Hopefully someone who uses MyRoute with a Nav VI (if they haven't all been thrown in the bin) and an android phone, will be along to tell you a brilliantly simple solution.

Even more hopefully this will be before you buy the cheap laptop.

Well I've just tried it with my Samsung 21 and my latest version Nav VI and when I get to the point of saving the route within MyRoute, it only gives me the option to download it to my phone.

Well I've just tried it with my Samsung 21 and my latest version Nav VI and when I get to the point of saving the route within MyRoute, it only gives me the option to download it to my phone.

Using that option, can you get a MyRoute route from your phone to the Nav VI?

In a perverse way, I'm pleased, too.

Hopefully someone who uses MyRoute with a Nav VI (if they haven't all been thrown in the bin) and an android phone, will be along to tell you a brilliantly simple solution.

Even more hopefully this will be before you buy the cheap laptop.

Ordered one tonight. But as soon as (if) MR reply to me with anything positive I will post on here.

No I can't get the file from my phone to the Nav. If I try to open the file on my phone and have the smartlink app open, it just says the file is not supported in the Smartlink app.

I received a reply to my question from the MR boffins and have pasted it below. The first solution that they suggest as we know doesn't work with the Nav6 (I have told them about the Nav6 FWIW) The second one I haven't had a chance to try yet.
The good news for me is that my lap top should be arriving tomorrow.

Dear GORDON,

I thank you for your question! You can do this using 2 possible ways:
1) with the use of Garmin Drive. Sadly, there isn't a manual ready yet, but you should be able to download the routefile to your PC using the MyRoute-app Mobile. Then you should be able to open up the routefile to your application.
2) Finally, you can use a wired connection between your phone/tablet and your navigation system. This goes like this:
- Open the route in your MyRoute-app Mobile app or via the internet browser;
- Click on the 'save as' option to save the route on your mobile device;
- Then use an app such as 'Filemanager+' to transfer the route from your mobile device to the navigation system.
I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Benjamin van Donkelaar
Customer Support expert

I have been planning my route to Turkey on my PC using MR. I have been playing around with the different maps and features using the MR video guides and also all the various tips etc in these threads.

I will be taking my Samsung phone and Samsung tablet with me. Therein lies my problem. The connector app will not work with neither my phone nor my tablet.

I have no problem exporting from my PC. As such I am assuming that it is a windows problem? I have tried the MR help site but cannot find any reference to this. From all the threads I have read on UKGSER in the MR forum I cannot find a reference to this issue either. Is this because so far all everyone on this MR forum are Apple users? I am hoping this is not the case and someone out there can they help me with a solution??

Once I have planned my whole Turkey route on my PC I can export it this way, however I want to be able to plot other routes while on my travels if needs be hence my need to resolve the android issue if possible.

Any help and advice that you can give will as always be much appreciated. Thanks.

plan the route, export to gpx, save on device somewhere.

Plug the Nav6 into the samsung (usb c to a adapter), open files app, manually copy the file across. Start Nav, import route (or track).

Back
Top Bottom