Munich travel

barny

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just got back from a tour Germany, Austria and Italy very good weather OK, 3K miles. I had lots of help from searching on here and thank for everyone input over the years.

Now payback this may help others, we had time for a 2 night stop in Munich including a day off the bikes. One recommendation from here was to stay in the outer towns and use public transport. We found a Hotel https://www.hotel-maisberger.de/ 150mts from rail station and bus links. on Hotels.com 154 euros 2 nights, beer hof (good reasonable food and beer)attached and breakfast 8 euros. plus if you go the station you can buy a travel card from the ticket machine 8.40euros each for a days travel ends at 6.00am the following morning. Covers rail, tram, underground and bus all covered, tip go the evening before and navigate the menus on the ticket machine there is an English option but don't buy the ticket until the day you need it, also the hotels have TVV maps of the transport system. This hotel is about 30mins from BMW museum and 40mins from center of the city. Added bonus for us it rained biblically all the time we were in the museum the stopped as we left.

:beerjug:

Thank you, barny.

I quite like staying in hotels and then using public transport or a taxi to get into the centre or to go over to the next town or city.

not in the same class as that, but the Ibis Hotel at Garshing on the outskirts of Munich is damn convenient, its the last stop on the Underground, and the hotel is 30 meters from the end of the line,

Back
Top Bottom