Tools

Barnoe

Moto Vlogger
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a halfords advanced toolkit in the garage which is pretty good.
When I go on long journeys I take parts of it away as a mobile toolkit.
I was looking at buying something permanent.

I need a decent torx set up to T60 and a selection of sockets.
Ideally one kit would do, but could be bought separate.

Amazon is full of kits by unknown brands which usually turn out to be crap chinese steel that break when you need them most lol

Halfords do a selection of torx and sockets on rails.
But they don't cover the bigger sizes I would need.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I thought Halfords sold sockets and torx separately as well, so you only need to purchase the ones that you need.

I thought Halfords sold sockets and torx separately as well, so you only need to purchase the ones that you need.

They do.

Here’s a single TX60 at Halfords as a starter.

https://www.halfords.com/tools/hand...vanced-star-bit-tx60-1/2in-socket-364679.html

When I made my ‘take away’ kit, I think I did nothing more than look at what tools I’d maybe most often need (having in mind I won’t be changing the gearbox on the roadside) and bought the individual pieces at Halfords. The screwdrivers, I bought from SnapOn, as I wanted the ones where the tip reverses; one handle with two blades, four tips, simply as they take up less room.

Over the years I have swapped pieces out and added bits in, when I’ve changed bikes and / or I have added pieces that might be useful to non-BMW owners, for example Allen keys.

Why not just continue taking the bits out of what you already have ? If you break or lose an item, replace it. (Keep an eye out for the regular 50% or better offers on Halfords hand tools)

Well i never

I never thought you could buy individual bits :)

That you shared wapping is almost as much as these 6 on a rail
https://www.halfords.com/tools/hand...44BRER97*MTY1MzIyNjc0NC4xLjEuMTY1MzIyNjc1My4w

Davey,
Its just cos im lazy mainly and the fear of leaving the one piece i need in my toolbox at home when stuck!
Along with the rocky creek pump, puncture repair kit and NOCO starter pack i wanted a standard kit
As wapping said, im hardly going to take the gearbox or engine apart on a grass verge, but for anything that comes lose or need temporarily removing its handy to have these bits.
mostly its for peace of mind, they dont actually take up much room.

Davey,
Its just cos im lazy mainly and the fear of leaving the one piece i need in my toolbox at home when stuck!
Along with the rocky creek pump, puncture repair kit and NOCO starter pack i wanted a standard kit
As wapping said, im hardly going to take the gearbox or engine apart on a grass verge, but for anything that comes lose or need temporarily removing its handy to have these bits.
mostly its for peace of mind, they dont actually take up much room.

Just make a list that you leave in the socket set main box/toolbox. When your trip is approaching, prep the mini tool kit from the list and hey presto....nowt missing, nowt left behind and it's cost you nowt to boot.....

I have couple of these, I have one in my camper and one in the garage and put it in my topbox on longer trips, not top quality but ok for quick fixes which is probably all you are going to be able to do before you call breakdown/recovery, plus you might need a socket and a long handle for the rear wheel.

Al.

Attachments

• 53742CD8-51A4-418F-8AE0-A751C13BF27C.jpg
    53742CD8-51A4-418F-8AE0-A751C13BF27C.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 146

Back
Top Bottom