Newbie: Q on Missing Bodywork Part & Horn (Denali Sound Bomb Mini)

scott_walker_1

Reaction score
Good Morning Folks,

I have recently acquired a F650GS (2005) twin spark model and very much enjoying it. It has 46k miles on the clock, but appears to have been well looked after. So far I have only had to change a warped front brake disc which was a very simple task.

However, I have a couple of niggles which I am hoping to sort with the help of this forum. Firstly, can anyone tell me what the missing item is called on the left hand side body panel below the seat? In the image below [as I cannot insert an image of my own bike], it is the top red oval "insert". If so, where might I be able to purchase one?

[video]https://faq.f650.com/GSFAQs/Photos/ExhaustPhotos/EricFJetskiFastStaintuneCorbin.jpg[/video]

Secondly, the stock horn seems rather underwhelming! I am used to having a Denali Sound Bomb mini [snail shell type horn] on my other bikes. However, I believe the horn is housed inside its own little box under the "beak", so I am wondering if anyone knows if such a horn would fit?

Many thanks in advance.

Scott

I mounted a mini sound bomb on the right hand side just above the casing and it works fine.
A couple of pics from my 2002 GS. I just extended the wires down.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 48
  • image0 - Copy.jpeg
    image0 - Copy.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 62

Back
Top Bottom