Is there a free app ?

stever1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
To ‘sniff’ the WiFi environment. We are having problems with the TV disconnecting from the router at times. It’s recently been in for repair for the same thing and I wonder if there is a conflict with some other item and would like to check it out.

Oh, the app would have o be suitable for an iPad.

I have tried looking for such a thing too, but didn't have much luck. I have taken to putting my firestick to sleep if I am watching something on the laptop away from the main house (on a cable too but it all gets limited by number of devices connected)

Loads of wi fi apps

Wi Fi Analyzer,

Shows you the best channel to use, so you can see what others are hogging and slowing your bandwith

then you can move your routers band to the least congested

To ‘sniff’ the WiFi environment. We are having problems with the TV disconnecting from the router at times. It’s recently been in for repair for the same thing and I wonder if there is a conflict with some other item and would like to check it out.

Oh, the app would have o be suitable for an iPad.

Have you checked if the TV has a reputation for signal dropping. Some of them need a firmware upgrade for things like SSIDs with spaces in the name, etc.

My previous Sony and LG have both had the issue.

Have you checked if the TV has a reputation for signal dropping. Some of them need a firmware upgrade for things like SSIDs with spaces in the name, etc.

My previous Sony and LG have both had the issue.

Actually it’s an LG that’s the problem. They took it away for repair in December and it’s failing again
As for updates, it’s on automatic update.

Back
Top Bottom