Oban eats

smally

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for local or rider advice for a good place to eat in Oban. Haven't been for a few years and staying the night with 4 others in the youth hostel. Thanks.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Looking for local or rider advice for a good place to eat in Oban. Haven't been for a few years and staying the night with 4 others in the youth hostel. Thanks.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Ee-Usk phone ahead to get a table tel 01631 565666 Great food last time we visited

The sea food shack stand at the harbour ( beside the ferry terminal ) is VERY good .

If you're into seafood I came across this near the ferry terminal. It's very popular.

Attachments

• IMG_20200916_133427284.jpg
    IMG_20200916_133427284.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 148
I was their boatman for a while at The Green Shed, collecting the lobster, crab and langoustines etc from the fishermen. Straight off the boat sts ...first class sea food. And yes Cuan Mhor is good or Soroba House Hotel. Coast is very good but a bit more pricey and for a reason if you know what I mean. The Etive more pricey again but with michelin stars involved and the food is excellent. Further out heading south near Cologin is The Barn, about 4 miles and very good pub food then the Tighe an Truish or T'n'T just at the bridge over the Atlantic on Seil. My local and very good food in a great family run pub.

+1 for the harbour seafood shack but take your own wine in a flask(chilled!) as they don’t have much choice.

Back
Top Bottom