Old emails disappeared

John Roberts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been keeping all the relevant emails regarding our holidays over the last ten years or so of our flights, accommodation and so on. They were all tidily stored together in date order, and now the whole lot have disappeared. These were stored on Mail for Windows- Outlook, I believe it's called.

So, can anybody tell me if they are recoverable, and if so, how, please? :)

They should go to the Deleted items folder.
Also, please check if you don't have any filters applied in your inbox, e.g. sorted by size or attachments rather than date.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

you may have auto archive enabled under a setting so it removes old emails automatically to keep folder size in order?

are you using Office 365? We have just converted to this at work. It only shows fairly recent emails in Outlook unless you click the link at the bottom of the folder to download messages stored on the cloud storage.

For personal stuff, I prefer to use Gmail to archive old emails. I have been organising group trips for many years and I like to keep an archive of emails to look up hotels used etc as we sometimes return to the nice ones.

After seeing your replies I looked in the 'Deleted Items' and the 'Archive' and also the latest holiday labelled as its date, 2021.09, and they are all empty. The dated one brings up 'Didn't find anything' by way of explanation. :blast Oh, hang on , it also gives a link to 'Search on line', I've just clicked on that, and... and..."Didn't find anything". :blast :blast

Curses.

wessie, just seen your post, sorry- do you mean Microsoft Office rather than Windows Office? I only know I'm using Outlook for mail. As to which app I use to write non-email stuff, it's some version or other of Word Office, I bought the laptop on line but it didn't have the loads of apps that I got when I bought my previous PC from a proper computer shop. I did get some very limited version of Office from my local computer repair man, but it's a mere shadow of the previous one, there's no Access, Excel and Publisher(?) and all the other fun things included.

Try logging in to your web mail account on line and check archived mail.

Back
Top Bottom