Touratech pannier lid seal leaking

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2 year old LH Touratech pannier letting in rain water through the lid seal.
Pannier is as new, and lid fits perfectly. Seal looks fine.
The external visible gap between the lid flange and case rim is about 1mm to 2mm at the front of the case, less at the back. It leaks at the front.
I though I could move the lock down a bit to lessen that gap but the 4 screws holding the lock are a tight fit in the case holes so no movement available.

Has anyone had this issue and found a solution?

Thanks
Bin

Hi,

I have a 2 year old LH Touratech pannier letting in rain water through the lid seal.
Pannier is as new, and lid fits perfectly. Seal looks fine.
The external visible gap between the lid flange and case rim is about 1mm to 2mm at the front of the case, less at the back. It leaks at the front.
I though I could move the lock down a bit to lessen that gap but the 4 screws holding the lock are a tight fit in the case holes so no movement available.

Has anyone had this issue and found a solution?

Thanks
Bin

Are these the panniers with the locks/opening available on either side?

If the seal is easily removable, and the shape allows it - try removing it and refitting it 180degrees reversed. EG swap it so the seal from the hinge end is now at the opposite end with the lock

Hi Sangbar,
Thanks for reply. I will contact AMI who supplied the panniers, they may have a fix.
I will keep in mind your suggestion, was thinking about lifting the seal out of the groove and laying in a packing of some kind. Don't want to use goo because it will be very tedious to clean out in future...
Bin

Hi DJ123,
Yes, locks fore and aft.
Good idea to try reversing the seal!
Bin

Back
Top Bottom