Tumbler / wafer exchange

Bowf

Reaction score
I propose to make this a thread where members can offload their unwanted ones and hopefully get those they need without having to shell out for a whole kit or visit a dealer.

Re-keyed my topbox lock to match my ignition key, and have two no.1's free to whoever wants them. I'm looking for two no.2's or even better four no.2's and two springs

Can't see how to post an image, but mine measure 14.7 mm by 7 mm.

Wollaston (and other Dealers?) used to hand them out free if you asked.

TIP - you can also miss out wafers, so if you only have a subset, you can still have a working lock (although the lock is easier to pick!).

Yes, thanks Andy. I know all that, and it's not always easy for people to get to a dealer.

Can I politely ask that we keep to the point of the thread - please only post if you want to swap / acquire / get rid of some tumblers.

If the thread is a flop, no big deal. If it proves popular, maybe it could be made a sticky. Thank you.

By way of exchange I’ll have 6 no2 and 3 no1 available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Nin, I can't PM or post photos because I've not subscribed.
I'd love to swap as in post #1 if you're interested.
Are you also on ADV Rider (GS Boxers) by any chance?

As I can't post photos and refuse to pay for the privilege, please see here for what I'm after and the two different types of tumbler.

I have 3 off No 1 and 6 off No 2 if anyone needs them

IMG_5433.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anybody got spare 2 off No1's and 2 off No2's in this format

Attachments

• No 3.jpg
    No 3.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 187
I have unwanted 2 off No1's and 2 off No2's in this format plus some unknown others which are too small for for a GS pannier lock

Attachments

• No1 & 2.jpg
    No1 & 2.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Various small.jpg
    Various small.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 187
My request (post #1) is now sorted.

Guys, I wonder if anyone can help I’ve just purchased some secondhand panniers for my GSA 1200. The locks are 517 and I am after the following wafers 12 x No 2 5 x No 3 and one locking pin
Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to where I can buy some without having to replace all the locks.
Many Thanks
I do have 6 spare No 1

Hi Mike

If do a search for "Lock wafers & Springs loan kit" Wobble has a post there about swapping wafers from locks. its in the workshop tool loan section in the for sale and wanted section.

Failing that if you have a dealer nearby just call in and ask at the spares desk and they will usually help you out

Be aware the wafers from the 1150 (the section this is posted in) panniers are different from those in the 1200 panniers

Brian

Back
Top Bottom