Off for a bimble around France

Orinoco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
First time away since 2019, off for a bimble around France for a couple of weeks. Meeting friends in the Alps at Crest Voland on Saturday, but going where it’s sunny hopefully in between time.

Just on the Poole - Cherbourg Brittany ferry about to leave, hoping the sun will shine and the roads are clear. Aiming for Argentan this afternoon camping if it’s dry otherwise I’ll find a B&B :)

On the 24hp steed of awesomeness, so a gentle bimble, will try and attach photos

dce556ba7b3de0b225639b02312c2b32.jpg

Have a good trip.

It's a Himalayan, called Poppadum. Orinoco can explain why.

Have a brilliant trip. I look forward to hearing about it in a couple of weeks, just before my trip and I'll be following your progress here.

Ah yes, I thought it was the Himalayan but didn't want to embarrass myself by saying so and being way off mark. They are a very capable bike by all accounts, even Miss Itchy Boots used one on one of her previous adventures.

Ha, yes as BristolSaint said it’s poppadom as that’s the sound it makes when idling, poppadom poppadom poppadom :)

Well got lost today, what fun, all due to a road closure, but found some nice roads I’d not ridden otherwise.

In Argentan, can recommend the Municipal Camping here, nice little site and only €7. A nice town with the usual French architecture, town square and so on. Experienced some new in 7UP with lemon and mint, didn’t realise until I drank it, but very nice, cheeky French

daaa83fe82ac85ee2525da50999aaab9.jpg

Seems I’m only able to upload one photo at a time. Thought I’d subscribed to Tapatalk, maybe they’ve changed something.

Anyway another photo

88b0f2a79b7425185ec4c21045b2e2d9.jpg

. Experienced some new in 7UP with lemon and mint, didn’t realise until I drank it, but very nice, cheeky French

daaa83fe82ac85ee2525da50999aaab9.jpg

Citron vert is lime, mate.....with the mint, that's probably why they've called it Mojito flavour.

Your Himmy looks good loaded...hope you have a great trip. :thumb

Mojitos are the in thing over here for some reason, like that there Prosecco in Blighty :nenau

Nothing wrong with mojito happy hour, as we found in a Caribbean bar in Dijon a little while back. That was a rather pleasant pre-prandial session at 5€ a pop.

Ah yes, I thought it was the Himalayan but didn't want to embarrass myself by saying so and being way off mark. They are a very capable bike by all accounts, even Miss Itchy Boots used one on one of her previous adventures.

I tried a Himalayan on a trail riding day with Superior Motorcycle Experiences

www.superiormotorcycleexperiences.com

Brilliant fun and enough power for an off road numpty like me. Even my brother, a former motocross racer had fun riding it. A really well sorted day and highly recommended.

It’s hot here, saw 30 degrees today, now a pleasant 24 whilst sat in a bar in Saint Amand Montrond :D

7-B1-A9-E88-D52-A-4-BA1-9-B7-D-CF30113-E4-EB9.jpg

All change today, it as overcast when I woke and warmish, but on the short walk to the patisserie shop a few drops of rain, then a fair sprinkling before I’d packed the tent. No particular route in mind today so ask Mrs Garmin to take me to Le Puy en Velay without motorways and confused here by veering off course. A mixture of long straight roads then some lovely wiggles coming from Thiers to Le Puy.

I managed to get thoroughly soaked before finding a bar at lunch time, and had to pass on the carafe of red with my 5 course with coffee lunch for €13.20. So saved my baguette for dinner today:)

DecidedI linke it here, the Auvergne? So think I might hang here for a couple of days

Le Puy looks lovely, will explore tomorrow

02-B2-CBE2-7853-4817-9754-4-C22940-C4793.jpg
[/url] [/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom