Which Apple EarPods?

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m going to buy myself a set. Thinking the generation 3 but tempted by the pro version?

Anyone any experience of both?

I’m going to buy myself a set. Thinking the generation 3 but tempted by the pro version?

Anyone any experience of both?

I probably fell for some clever marketing and bought the pro

Who can resist something called pro

They are very good to my knackered old ears

I’ve got the standard airpods but find the supplied wired ones snugger (is that a word)

Thinking the generation 3 but tempted by the pro version?

If you get 3rd gen go for pro.

If you want the bog standards, I'd suggest the original (second gen) model.

I recently upgraded to Airpods 3 (standard) coming from 1st gen airpods standard that I replaced because the battery was past due.
I loved the 1st gen. Worked flawlessly.

3rd gen is giving me problems, random & recurring disconnections, ear sensor doesn't work well. I already have them replaced once.
And I don't seem to be the only one to have these sort of problems.

If you used them mostly for audio, the sound is very good and they don't disconnect.
But if you do a lot of calls... they are a pain.

Go for the Pro. They sound better and they stay in your ears a lot better. And they have noise-cancellation which is excellent. And spatial playing mode which is quite trick too. My missus has got the bog standard AirPods which I thought were good until I got the Pro ones.....

Pro are very comfy and sound great, as well as noise canc there is a transparency mode so the sound eg road noise or people talking to you in the street when you’ve got them in (if you don’t chose to ignore them!) is not at all muffled and you don’t need to take them out to hear people, just pause what you were playing.used mine every day for about 2 years , the charging case did give up 18 months ago got a new one under warranty from John Lewis. They work well with my iPhone but they won’t pair to my works laptop, yet my Bose headphones do. I’ve used them in noise cancelling mode on the bike with google maps to find places and it works ok as a stopgap for shorter rides.

Quick note: spatial audio is available on the standard airpods 3 too.

I have both ... standard ones are good for calls, Teams meetings, podcasts when walking the dogs. Pros are unbelievably good at music and films.

I had generation 2 standards and upgraded to the pro and although they are pricey they are phenomenal, I used to use Bose headphones and they are easily on par. Also they are incredible for hands free on the phone. Spend some time getting the correct ear fit and they are easily on par with the Bose noise cancelling phones but without cables and they have plenty of battery life.

Well, after much ooohing and aaahing, I have bought a set of gen 3’s.

I expect the pros are better but I really have disliked any in ear headphone with the rubber ‘gasket’ in them, I’ve had a few!

I’m looking forward to hearing the ‘spatial audio’ feature!

I really like my better half’s gen 2’s so if they are improvement on those, I recon they will be spot on!

You can change the tips to aftermarket ones if you don't like the ones that come with the AirPods. There are loads of options.

You can change the tips to aftermarket ones if you don't like the ones that come with the AirPods. There are loads of options.

Interesting! I’ll check that out.

Thing is, I’ll not be active whilst wearing them so I hope I don’t need the extra ‘security’

Well my initial reaction is they are very nice but I think the airpod twos fit my ears better snd the spatial audio is a gimmic!

Any links for the tips? There seems to be an awful lot out there!

Well my initial reaction is they are very nice but I think the airpod twos fit my ears better snd the spatial audio is a gimmic!

Any links for the tips? There seems to be an awful lot out there!

You should have gone pro, my mrs wanting mine over her standard ones.

No o don’t think so, I hate those long rubber tips that protrude into the ear. The pros would not suit me. Anyway, I’m happy. The left ear fits perfectly. The right ear fits perfectly if I turn it upside down!!

On a related note, I just got some AirPod Max headphones and they are probably the best I have ever had. Better than Bose QC35’s by some distance. Highly recommended.

On a related note, I just got some AirPod Max headphones and they are probably the best I have ever had. Better than Bose QC35’s by some distance. Highly recommended.

Unless you want to switch them off

I love these ear buds. I really wouldn’t be without them. I’m using Apple products for the most part and the way they connect up is seamless. The spatial audio is nice if I want a less direct sound in the headphones but I think it’s a bit of a gimmick really and the head tracking spatial audio is just silly.

Back
Top Bottom