AliExpress

Just to add, Fredaroony, try not to be rude and disparaging about people on the here please, we’re all supposed to be supporting each other.

When I want your advice I'll let you know champ......today is not that day. Enjoy your counterfeit shite

It really depends on the product and the standard they are tested too, we personally do not test brake disc so cant comment on them but would be surprised if every product did not undergo some form of basic QA and some form of more agressive batch testing.

My experiance is in polymers and:

Many pipes for the oil industry undergo a 100% FAT where they are tested at 130% of design spec
We used to do CE marking under the construction product regulation before I moved this to my dublin operation (dont you love Brexit) and for oil storage tanks they need to give a 10 year warrenty following a number of failures. This states that every manufacture needs to undertake external material validation and performance aproval through an accredited lab before submitting the tank to market. They then untertake QC checks during production as they are batch produced - whats hapning with the UKCA mark your guess is as good as mine.

When I want your advice I'll let you know champ......today is not that day. Enjoy your counterfeit shite

You’re not by any chance related to your former PM are you, Scott Morrison, his opinions were very tunnel visioned too. :green gri

On a serious note, look everybody is different, I do understand your perspective on this subject I just don’t necessarily agree with it and nor it would seem do a few others. Let’s move on shall we?

You’re not by any chance related to your former PM are you, Scott Morrison, his opinions were very tunnel visioned too. :green gri

On a serious note, look everybody is different, I do understand your perspective on this subject I just don’t necessarily agree with it and nor it would seem do a few others. Let’s move on shall we?

Move from the fact that his views are expressed in a rather 'forthright' manner, or that he (along with some on here) doubt's that many of the looky likey items are, in fact, the same as from the original designers tooling and therefore designs.

As the Bennett's video clearly shows, not all fakes will do the same job as the original.

It’s quite simple.

If the copy item fails, then it’s shonky Chinese crap or it’s “Just unlucky mate, as mine is fine”. If it doesn’t fail, it is living proof that the UK or European / US original is a rip-off. Any thought of who conceived of the item in the first place and incurred the expense of making it (only to see it copied) is adjudged to be irrelevant, as the owner has saved money, which is all that matters.

If the UK or European / US original fails within its guarantee period or sometimes even beyond, it will very probably be replaced or the money refunded without too much angst. The same cannot necessarily be applied to the Chinese version. With the latter, the owner has three choices: 1. To order and pay for a new item from China. 2. Order and pay for a new item from the UK / Europe/ us. 3. Forego replacing the item at all. Choice one, will probably result in nothing more than the owner saying “I am still ahead of the game mate, and I ain’t been ripped off”.

Fredaroony has had to much sunshine me thinks.
Showing signs of superiority complex with more than a hint of arrogance.

On the contrary, he makes a very good point about the fake copy items of totally unknown provenance, as are often banged out through the Chinese sales outlets, eBay and even on these pages. That they are snapped up by eager punters to bolt onto their often expensive 1250 motorcycle, ‘cos they is cheap and, well, they look the same don’t they, is another matter entirely.

I was importing garden furniture from China into the UK 20 years ago...I remember meeting with them and them saying "we can copy anything you want" I didn`t care about the quality, it was bottom line.

I was still using the 3m parasols up until last year and still have a smaller one which I am using in Portugal, so they must be shit.

I was still using China and it`s slave labour right up until last year for products sold all over Europe...Shocking state of affairs, really difficult to sleep at night, conscience will never be clear, once I get one anyways....Interesting thread this, thanks.

On the contrary, he makes a very good point about the fake copy items of totally unknown provenance, as are often banged out through the Chinese sales outlets, eBay and even on these pages. That they are snapped up by eager punters to bolt onto their often expensive 1250 motorcycle, ‘cos they is cheap and, well, they look the same don’t they, is another matter entirely.

One of the ones that amuses me most is (some of) the proponents of knock-off Mudslings - they're happy that they've saved £100 from Aliexpress, even though it rubs against the tyre and scrapes paint from the swingarm...

Relevant to this thread but am currently facing a dilemma. I have been looking into the atlas cruise control for the Triumph tiger I'm soon to be picking up. The genuine real deal is 145 quid yet a copy on aliexpress which looks pretty much identical is over £100 less.

It would certainly be an easier decision if it had crap reviews but it doesn't.

How much do morals come into it when the prices are this different?

https://ruggedroads.co.uk/epages/00...04-5d1c-407e-8207-580e14387ec5/Products/AKG02

£36.21 35%OFF | Universal Cruise Control Motorcycle Throttle Lock Assist Handlebar For BMW R1200GS For KTM For Suzuki For Yamaha For Honda NC750
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPkDriS

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Relevant to this thread but am currently facing a dilemma. I have been looking into the atlas cruise control for the Triumph tiger I'm soon to be picking up. The genuine real deal is 145 quid yet a copy on aliexpress which looks pretty much identical is over £100 less.

https://ruggedroads.co.uk/epages/00...04-5d1c-407e-8207-580e14387ec5/Products/AKG02

£36.21 35%OFF | Universal Cruise Control Motorcycle Throttle Lock Assist Handlebar For BMW R1200GS For KTM For Suzuki For Yamaha For Honda NC750

Put morals to one side, and consider safety. Do you want the thing holding your throttle open to be the cheapy thing which *may* have a higher chance of failing/sticking/not releasing? Or spend a bit more for a tried, tested proven product which is pretty well reveered?

Not sure about you, but i think my life, Bike and any subsequent accident which would come from an accident will cost more than £100

Put morals to one side, and consider safety. Do you want the thing holding your throttle open to be the cheapy thing which *may* have a higher chance of failing/sticking/not releasing? Or spend a bit more for a tried, tested proven product which is pretty well reveered?

Not sure about you, but i think my life, Bike and any subsequent accident which would come from an accident will cost more than £100

I think i'd just look at it and decide for myself if i trusted it or not. If you are not happy to trust yourself to such judgements, you'll probably be happier buying the *genuine* article and getting a qualified auto engineer to fit it. Neither option is wrong.

That's a fair point, although I would hope after nearly 500 orders something like that would have come up on the reviews. It seems like a typical China clone, but from the reviews quality seems okay. I should hope if I bought it I would be able to tell if it was dangerous pretty quickly. I wish the genuine article was a bit cheaper, it does seem very expensive for what it is. Decisions, decisions.

A new Triumph Tiger is how much? £14,000’ish for the basic model, before you spec it up a bit? 1% more is not going to alter your life, surely. Less, if you’ve gone for a fuller version of the bike.

A new Triumph Tiger is how much? £14,000’ish for the basic model, before you spec it up a bit? 1% more is not going to alter your life, surely. Less, if you’ve gone for a fuller version of the bike.
The model I'm buying is a 2013 model so significantly less than 14 grand. If I was buying the newer models I'd get factory cruise but sadly too expensive for me. £100 is a huge saving if it basically does the exact same thing.

The model I'm buying is a 2013 model so significantly less than 14 grand. If I was buying the newer models I'd get factory cruise but sadly too expensive for me. £100 is a huge saving if it basically does the exact same thing.

I wouldn't bother with any of these things that isn't a proper cruise. Unless you're on totally flat roads you'll soon be fed up with constantly adjusting it to maintain your speed - I've a knackered right wrist and tried one. I had no idea before fitting it how often I was adjusting the throttle to maintain my speed.

I wouldn't bother with any of these things that isn't a proper cruise. Unless you're on totally flat roads you'll soon be fed up with constantly adjusting it to maintain your speed - I've a knackered right wrist and tried one. I had no idea before fitting it how often I was adjusting the throttle to maintain my speed.
Yes, sadly that is the downside. For me I'd only really be using it on boring motorway slogs anyway which are usually reasonably flat. Or to rest my hand for a short period of time. This is what I get for previously owning an RT, spoilt with all these gizmos that now I miss when I don't have them.

Back
Top Bottom