AliExpress

I bought an under rack waterproof bag from Ali express 10 days ago arrived to day. cost £15.00 delivered. It is well made and has 4 support straps to fit to the rack. In comparison the Wuderlich is £45 + delivery and secured with only one strap. what's not to like

:nenau:hide

I’ve put a Mudsling, fender extender and radiator guards on my 2022 bike.

All ‘original’ parts and they all obviously fitted straight out the box.

That I think is the bit that’s important for me. I don’t want to buy something and have to replace bolts or check them every week or file holes to get it to line up.

But the quality of knock offs is getting so good now it’s difficult sometimes to see past the price difference.

Having just blown most of my savings on upgrading my old 2008 Hexhead to an approved-used 1250GSA, I have little money left to spend.

Aliexpress stuff will do just fine for me until my budget affords me the pukka stuff if needed, I'm not that precious.

If any of it needs minor fettling with a dremel to fit I'm not that bothered. Most of it is plastic tat anyway regardless of who made it.

Stop adding farkles and save your money (and threads) on whether to buy OEM, quality aftermarket, or utter tat from China.

Having just blown most of my savings on upgrading my old 2008 Hexhead to an approved-used 1250GSA, I have little money left to spend.

Aliexpress stuff will do just fine for me until my budget affords me the pukka stuff if needed, I'm not that precious.

If any of it needs minor fettling with a dremel to fit I'm not that bothered. Most of it is plastic tat anyway regardless of who made it.
That was exactly my situation, which is why I took a punt on AliExpress. I just use the top rated sellers and so far, the front mudguard extension is excellent, just as good quality and fit as my previous Avant, the rear infill, that Machine Art call a Mudsling is also just as good quality as my previous Mudsling and fitted perfectly, these two were £29 including a set of hole fillers which are also perfect.
Just fitted a headlight protector and side stand foot, both just as good as the Touratech and Wunderlich ones I had.
Just ordered hand guard extensions, TFT protector, and a few other things. They’re cheap enough to throw away if you’re not happy with them. Though I’ve not been disappointed yet.
I will of course have to suffer the shame of not having Brand names on my bits and forever be accused of using “utter tat from China”
but I can live with that.
Branding and Marketing are very clever in deceiving folk.
Though having said that , there are some things I wouldn’t chance. My engine bars are from Touratech, my GS911 is a genuine one and my crash bungs are R&G, though I did have a fake Wunderlich one that was very good quality.

I will of course have to suffer the shame of not having Brand names on my bits and forever be accused of using “utter tat from China”
but I can live with that. Branding and Marketing are very clever in deceiving folk.

I recently paid what I would call silly money for the genuine Touratech TFT anti-theft bracket via Nick Plumbs official Welsh retail outfit. The item still had to come direct from Germany. Not exactly the highest quality of products, its just a bit of folded laser-cut alloy with a black finish, even its water-transfer brand name decal has been applied on the piss.

Cheap Chinky tat is easily the equal of it and for a fraction of the price.

Back
Top Bottom