Chinese tyre pressure sensor registration

landmarkjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Trying to register a knock off sensor using GS911 using the 5380004 number on the sticker attached to the sensor and I get the message “out of range” from GS911 software. I probably tried the numbers on the plastic packet as well to no avail. Any ideas how to register these? TIA.

9548f203ede6cb089174ee550ae83863.jpg

You can use a “wake up tool” in conjunction with a GS911 to put the sensor into transmit mode whilst the GS911 learns the code it hears. My wake up tool is for a Vauxhall car and was cheap on eBay, I can find it’s details for you tomorrow if I remember.

The number on the package or sensor are not the code.
Delete the old sensor from the list using the GS911 or add another sensor , on the pre LC bikes you can register 2 sets of sensors ( 4 wheels).
As in the previous post wake up the new sensor and the code will be automatically written to the vacant slot.
Wake up tools are cheap 433Mhz as in OEC- T5 EL50448
Ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38423537...2BMju5SFL2LpfWVbIqUh|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675

I got two wake up tools as recco by a link posted here - one was not right and died inside 3 months the other died after 2 years and using 3 times (note, I never leave the battery in)

what never fails is another bike parked 10m away you gentle tape the sensor to the back wheel (inside of the rim - so it can't fly off) and spin it for 3 mins at up to 40 mph and then you get 15 mins to walk back and code it to the bike u need

alternately the fake sensor on the front wakes up if you kick the wheel

I think they also wake up if you pull the tyre valve out and get rapid pressure loss

I have had one of these wake tools for years and many uses , even use it whilst the bike is in the shed to check tyre pressures.
As for rapid inflation and deflation, bouncing the wheel round the workshop and even built a jig so that I could spin them up in the lathe at various speeds up to 2000 rpm, non of these methods worked.
Then I purchased the cheap Chinese wake up tool and never looked back. Admittedly you sometimes have to press the button a couple of times and it does not register for 20 seconds, but I can live with that.
I never take the battery out of the tool. !!!!!!!!

Dunno about BMWs, but on a KTM you can fit one and ride the bike until the ECU eventually registers the sensor. Got to do one at a time though.

Dunno about BMWs, but on a KTM you can fit one and ride the bike until the ECU eventually registers the sensor. Got to do one at a time though.

BMW want your money and build in unnecessary complexity .... I couldn't code using just one bike - I suspect if BOTH on the bike are awake it doesn't know which end you are trying to code the new sensor too

I've coded three sensors without using a wake-up tool (but maybe a part - the other bike was by chance another BMW with TPMS - but I don't think so - for cars I have an autel pad to code blank sensors and the BM Bike sensors (or fakes) don't wake up using that tool

I believe - although BM say 30mph you have to get the wheels speed over 40mph for up to 1/2 a mile for a stubborn one to wake up and behave - only the fake wakes up by kicking (in fact that one, I can shake in my hand to wake up)

back on the original topic

"out of range" probably means it isn't seeing the new sensor - coz its asleep to preserve battery life - and or - I noticed genuine sensors rolled over to 7 digit codes - my originals from July 2007 were both 6 digit - MAYBE if the bike is on old software it doesn't know what a 7 digit code is ?

I suspect if BOTH on the bike are awake it doesn't know which end you are trying to code the new sensor too

Assuming an original sensor is fitted, alive and coded, a KTM will recognise the new sensor and allocate it the missing slot.

I've got one of those wake up tools which I tried but no good.

Only one set of sensors (originals) registered currently and I read somewhere that a second sensor would automatically populate (how would it know front or back?). Anyway it hasn't registered and it's had plenty of opportunity on recent tour!

I'll have another go with wake up tool.

nothing will ever self register on BMW TPMS - its supposed to be dealer coded only - but then two tools came out that let you get at it at home

I never managed to get a second set and or use the alternate second pair location to code anything

scan and write the current codes on a bit of paper noting which end is which and then you can delete all and start over if the next bit doesn't get it done

its isn't complicated its just stubborn and stupid - the wake up tool - last time I got it to work was pointing the black antenna bit radially (so in line with the spokes) at the circumference of the tyre at the valve - even then it was a battle - they are cute when they work and as suggested are awesome to wake up pre ride and get your pressures before u start the bike

I find you want the ones ON the bike asleep and ONLY the new one you are trying to code awake - ideally wipe ONLY the correct end and then write in and save the new code (assuming you are sorting a new sensor before going to get a a new tyre - and note I only ever tried with the motoscan app)

not sure if I'm on to anything but the Feb 2008 i-level update did sort lots of bugs and do stuff for the TPMS so its just possible an early bike that was never updated might not understand 7 digit codes (why would it?) - *NOTE:that >98% of all ever made have ever had a software update !!!!

Ive recently used the cheap wake up tool to wake up my new sensors, as others say in GS911 you simply assign the two new sensors to the spare Front and Rear slots. If you already have four coded in then you need to determine which ones are already registered and in use for your wheels. Just use the wake up tool, worked well for me. I was able to wake sensors match code to what was written on new sensor and then assign them with GS911 all pretty easy to do.

Trying to register a knock off sensor using GS911 using the 5380004 number on the sticker attached to the sensor and I get the message “out of range” from GS911 software. I probably tried the numbers on the plastic packet as well to no avail. Any ideas how to register these? TIA.

9548f203ede6cb089174ee550ae83863.jpg

I fitted one bought from Ali Express to a C560 Sport and it worked without needing to be coded to the bike.

Back
Top Bottom