Connected app - fuel stations

Cliffbase

Reaction score
I find the app/cradle/nav great & have just used it on a 2800 mile trip, during that time the only thing i would have liked is for the phone screen to show fuel staions. Im aware i can add them as way points but found this method altered my route.

Anyone know if/how they can be added to the map?

Thanks.

I don’t think there is.

Leaving that aside, there is a common moan that the fuel stations marked on Garmin devices are often useless. This is not Garmin’s fault as they rely on the map makers (who in turn rely on others) to supply up to date data. I can only imagine that whoever supplies the data to the map makers for BMW’s Connected app, will also shirk in their responsibilities, too. That BMW couldn’t even get the correct information of their own sales / service centres into their bespoke Navigator series of devices, doesn’t fill me with too much confidence that they’ll get third party fuel stations correct.

When you say, it alters the route, do you mean that if you select the fuel station, it routes you through it? If so, that is only the dumb app doing what you have told it to do. My advice, keep an eye on your fuel gauge and on fuel stations that you pass, filling up when you feel it would be wise to do so. That means, not waiting until the yellow warning light is flashing and the cold trickle of fear is arriving at your clenched buttocks.

:beerjug:

Thanks. Hopefully this may be something that will be added in time.

When adding a fuel waypoint - for me- its simply suggested all those in the vicinity, rather than highlight those on my chosen route, in some cases suggesting turning around. Its ok, and helpful i suppose if the light is on etc, but it would be nice to be able to scroll forward on the mapped route & spot one further up the road.

Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom