Great accommodation in Bouillon and Malmedy, Belgium

the woodster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I go touring with three others normally and tend to try and find whole houses or flats on Booking.com to keep costs down and take advantage of the flexibility of having the whole premises. On my recent tour to The Ardennes, we stayed in the two places below:

'The Splendid View' in Bouillon - a great little find in a lovely town. Four bedrooms and all the amenities, including secure garage parking for at least four large bikes. A two night stay was £368 which worked out to £46 each per night. It's a 5 minute downhill walk to all the amenities in the town and a slightly longer, uphill walk on the way back!! It's got a great balcony on which to enjoy pre-dinner drinks if the weather is suitable and great views of the castle. The host Viviane is welcoming and helpful but unobtrusive. She can also recommend restaurants and bars in the town. We never had a bad or even mediocre meal. A very quiet and peaceful place - until we fired the panzers up every morning!

'La Reve Ardennais' in Malmedy - another good find but without the immediate kerb appeal of the first place. A new build first floor flat on top of the host Vincent's personal ground floor premises. Three bedrooms and a comfortable couch as well. The place is achingly modern (Which I like) and a five minute walk to Malmedy town centre. No garage but plenty of room outside on a private gravelled area to park bikes. There is a lovely terrace area for pre-dinner drinks. The two-night stay was £307, which worked out to just over £38 each. I can highly recommend a local Greek restaurant called 'La Sparta', which was a five minute walk away. In the town, I can recommend a lovely patisserie for breakfast called 'Boulangerie-pâtisserie Halmes' which we used on the way out in the morning, It opens at 0600 and you can park your bikes directly outside on the pavement on the no entry end of Place du Chatelet.

Back
Top Bottom