Flapper valve delete

bonjird

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve recently bought an RnineT (2014). It came with a Remus end can.
The sound is a little disappointing.
I’ve seen that it is possible to remove the flapper valve and one of the benefits is improved sound.
Can anybody recommend a delete pipe - manufacturer, seller and price?
Also, am I right in thinking that I won’t need a servo buddy as my bike is a 2014 model?
Cheers, John.

I bought my delete pipe from Nippy Normans. A Wunderlich product I think. You are correct. For pre 2017 models you don’t need a servo buddy. A fault will be detected by the diagnostics if plugged in but no fault on the dash to annoy you. The sound will be deeper at low revs but the main gain for me was the removal of the valve, cables and servo giving a cleaner look.

Mines a 2017 Urban. I removed the flap without the need of a servo buddy. I just disconnected the cables from the servo and left it in place. No issues whatsoever. Standard can with baffles in and it sounds lovely..

Wait until it fails then all will be well. It barks a bit when overtaking which suits me.
They can fail between 1,000 and 30,000 miles..
D

I’ve recently bought an RnineT (2014). It came with a Remus end can.
The sound is a little disappointing.
I’ve seen that it is possible to remove the flapper valve and one of the benefits is improved sound.
Can anybody recommend a delete pipe - manufacturer, seller and price?
Also, am I right in thinking that I won’t need a servo buddy as my bike is a 2014 model?
Cheers, John.

Get the motorworks one, the quality is far superior to NN's and it fits producing a clean line so the whole pipe looks like one piece.

What are the advantages of removing the Flapper Valve :confused:

Been trying to figure that one out myself. From other forums, most people seem to remove it because it makes the exhaust note a bit more rorty.

Having had bikes with loud pipes in the past, I'm quite happy with the stock Akra on my NineT.

Been trying to figure that one out myself. From other forums, most people seem to remove it because it makes the exhaust note a bit more rorty.

Having had bikes with loud pipes in the past, I'm quite happy with the stock Akra on my NineT.

For me, it removes something that will definitely go wrong, they all go wrong. I do a lot of miles on my bike which is why I have this opinion, if you only do a few thousand miles a year it'll take years for the thing to go wrong, if like me you do north of 25k per year it's go wrong every year. First thing I do now is remove the flappy valve. It makes next to no difference to the noise of the bike if you're running a stock set up.

For me, it removes something that will definitely go wrong, they all go wrong. I do a lot of miles on my bike which is why I have this opinion, if you only do a few thousand miles a year it'll take years for the thing to go wrong, if like me you do north of 25k per year it's go wrong every year. First thing I do now is remove the flappy valve. It makes next to no difference to the noise of the bike if you're running a stock set up.

Cheers for that. Heard that when it does go wrong, it sticks in the "open" position. Is this the case?

Let's face it, most people with NineT's don't do mega mileages though. :)

Cheers for that. Heard that when it does go wrong, it sticks in the "open" position. Is this the case?

Let's face it, most people with NineT's don't do mega mileages though. :)

It can stick in either position but more commonly in the open position. If it does lock open you can simply disconnect the wires inside of the servo and it'll trick the bike into thinking it's still there.

Back
Top Bottom