Thinking of a fatbob

Bubb

Dogsbody
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve been “Harley curious” for some time now, but never taken the plung.

I’m thinking of a late Dyna model, and like the look of the 103 Dyna fat bob.
Had a victory hammer s a while ago, and loved the bike.

Talk me out of the late model Dyna fatbob.
…or would another Dyna model be better.?

Thanks

I quite enjoyed my time on the 103 Fatbob. it was only a third bike to me so didn't get used a lot. I popped the stage 1 on it, like you do ,vance and Hines cans etc. comfortable, was worried the footboards would drag on every turn but they didn't. had it 2 years then swapped it in for a 114 Fatboy . try before you buy is best advice I could give

Hmmm.....I have a very nicely sorted Softail FatBob if you were interested. I had a 103" Dyna Fatbob before. It was a nice bike - especially once I did the Stage 2 and had the heads ported, but the Softail handles better, stops better, goes faster, has much better suspension and is basically a nicer bike all around.

PM me if you want to come and take a look (nr. Guildford). It's currently SORNed as I need to replace a front indicator and the licence plate lamp, but I have those parts and was planning on doing it soon. I am only selling it as I have a Low Rider ST on order which should arrive next month.

27K miles, full dealer service history up to 25K (plus me doing interim oil and filter changes). "Too much to list" - although I do have the list....

114" Stage 2, tuned by Boz at V-Twin in Rye, 110 rear wheel HP, 126 ft/lbs

IMG_3638_heic-XL.jpg

IMG_3211-XL.jpg

My 103 Fat Bob on a 17 plate is brilliant. It fits like a glove, I love riding it and looking at it. Always wanted this model of Dyna.
Wouldn’t swap this for any other Harley.
Stage 1, custom paint. Just ordered Hagon shocks. I’d even show you a photo if I can work it out

Hmmm.....I have a very nicely sorted Softail FatBob if you were interested. I had a 103" Dyna Fatbob before. It was a nice bike - especially once I did the Stage 2 and had the heads ported, but the Softail handles better, stops better, goes faster, has much better suspension and is basically a nicer bike all around.

PM me if you want to come and take a look (nr. Guildford). It's currently SORNed as I need to replace a front indicator and the licence plate lamp, but I have those parts and was planning on doing it soon. I am only selling it as I have a Low Rider ST on order which should arrive next month.

27K miles, full dealer service history up to 25K (plus me doing interim oil and filter changes). "Too much to list" - although I do have the list....

114" Stage 2, tuned by Boz at V-Twin in Rye, 110 rear wheel HP, 126 ft/lbs

IMG_3638_heic-XL.jpg

IMG_3211-XL.jpg

Proper nice that is.....:thumb

Passed the Details to a Guy in HDRCGB who's after one. If he shows Interest I'll put you together....

Thank you Sir! Here's "the list" and the Dyno chart in case he is....

Harley Davidson 2018 Model Softail Fat Bob, 114" (1868cc)
This bike is the 2018 model with the new Softail monoshock frame, was registered in October 2017 and was one of the first Softail Fat Bobs in the country. I have owned it since new. No expense has been spared on customising and maintenance. It has always been kept garaged. It currently has about 28.5K miles on it and has had full main dealer servicing at Guildford Harley Davidson, with additional oil and filter changes done by me between the main service intervals.

I had it completely repainted in stunning Cobalt Candy Blue at about 25,000 miles by Surrey Customs, just before the first lockdown so it only has about 3K miles on the new paint. I haven't really ridden it much in the last 12 months as I got a Harley Pan America and have been hooning around on that. I have a new Low Rider ST about to be delivered, so the Fat Bob needs to go to make space.

It's an amazing bike and always draws many comments whenever it is parked up. It also sounds like a demon when you get on the throttle and is deep and pleasant sounding at lower revs, but not obnoxiously loud.

The bike has a full "Stage 2" Performance upgrade with the HD 447 "Torque" camshaft, a Bassani Road Rage III 2:1 stainless exhaust system and an HD Heavy Breather air filter with K&N element. It has been tuned by probably the best Harley tuner in the country; Boz at V-Twin Customs in Rye and delivers 110HP and 126 ft/lbs of Torque at the rear wheel (see Dyno chart). It's a proper hooligan of a bike and absolutely fantastic to ride.

Dougz "Spartan" fairing in gloss black
Black Harley Davidson clutch and front brake levers
Full custom paint from Surrey Customs in "Cobalt Candy Blue". Looks stunning and really "pops" in the sun.
HeinzBikes micro LED turn signals all round - tiny, yet very bright
MotoGadget Sports mirrors - PVD reflective metal, no glass to break.
Avon memory foam grips
Crossthread Cycles mini footboards, rear brake and gearshift levers
Docking hardware for rack and sissy bar (which are available separately)
Blackmill tail tidy / licence plate holder with Custom Dynamics LED plate frame (original "towbar" licence plate holder comes with the bike for MOT reasons)
Dark Star Leatherworks swing arm bag
New Avon Cobra Chrome rear tyre at 26,250 miles - so only around 2K miles on it.
Probably more stuff that I can't remember

There are no issues with this bike whatsoever. It has some tiny marks as any bike that has actually been ridden will. If you know these bikes, this one is probably the best looking and best performing one out there today.

Available separately, I also have a 19" windscreen for the bike (£100) a sissy bar and tail rack (£100) and an almost unused "Sundowner" rider and pillion seat (£150). I will not split these until the bike is sold to give the new owner the first option on them.

Test rides are available with the full asking amount either transferred to my bank account or in my hand in cash. I am happy to take you out on the back of the bike if you can't satisfy either requirement - but if that was the case, why would you even be looking at the bike?

The bike will come with 12 months MOT.

Al%20M8%20before%20v%20after-X2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom