Tragic Freak accident - RIP

Deise

Reaction score
Both motorcyclists were English holidaymakers who were touring around Ireland.

It’s understood one victim was in his 60s, while the other was in his 50s. Gardai were liaising with British police last night to break the news to the men’s families. But sources stressed that neither the victims nor the lorry driver involved in the smash were suspected of any wrongdoing.

“It was just a horrible accident,” one source added. “The two men on the motorbikes were on holiday from England. It looks like they were riding along and they bumped into each other.

“It was an accident and there is no suggestion that they were speeding.

“But when two motorcyclists even tip off each other at 100kph, the results are devastating. They fell off their bikes onto the carriageway and were hit by a truck.

One of my buddies is a Garda Traffic biker and was working yesterday. Was talking to him last night, and he’d charged a motorist on the other side side for taking pictures while rubber knecking as he drove by. :mad::mad:
RIP the deceased and prayers for their families and friends.

Very sad, and if circumstances mentioned above are correct, condolences to the families, and I hope the lorry driver gets help for the impact of this.

As we know as bikers, it can all go so wrong, so very quickly, and the circumstances of that can be many and varied.

RIP

I deleted Mine as The thread is about those poor fellas that died not the attention seeking hoor!

Good job

I just mentioned it because it was on RTE, whilst driving and I was shocked & saddened by the tragic news

RIP to those riders

No need to get so touchy, Jay

Very sad to read / hear such shocking news.
Another collision with a car near Kilkenny this afternoon leaving one motorcyclist dead and two injured.
RIP all 3.
We are very vulnerable if things go wrong.

Another collision with a car near Kilkenny this afternoon leaving one motorcyclist dead and two injured.
RIP all 3.

We are very vulnerable if things go wrong.

What is going wrong?? Is it driver inattentiveness or Rider complacency? I believe in America it seems to be an epidemic of people using phones whilst driving

My friend Don Collin's Vietnam Vet Buddy was killed by an illegal immigrant using a phone approaching a junction and rear ended him on a fully dressed road king Which is not the smallest of bikes by any means But still doesnot stand up to an F150 pick up

The fatality in Kilkenny was a friend of a friend (Neighbour actually).........what I have been told is that the car came around a bend on the wrong side of the road....... head on collision.

Sad couple of days.

May they rest in peace.

What is going wrong?? Is it driver inattentiveness or Rider complacency? I believe in America it seems to be an epidemic of people using phones whilst driving

My friend Don Collin's Vietnam Vet Buddy was killed by an illegal immigrant using a phone approaching a junction and rear ended him on a fully dressed road king Which is not the smallest of bikes by any means But still doesnot stand up to an F150 pick up

It was always gonna go downhill fast with the emergence of 4G a few years ago...... and more so now with 5G........data speeds fast enough to watch video content. Feckers are watching TV on their phones now!!!!!! As if texting and social media wasn't bad enough.

The fatality in Kilkenny was a friend of a friend (Neighbour actually).........what I have been told is that the car came around a bend on the wrong side of the road....... head on collision.

Sad couple of days.

May they rest in peace.

Seen that a few times on my travels the last few months. I’m kinda losing the ghra for it all if I’m honest.

That's terrible news.

Shocking accident and tragic all round.

Hope the poor truck driver gets some help. A good pal of mine was involved in something similar about 30 years ago and it took him many years to get over it.

Does the "illegal immigrant" bit increase culpability & if so, how?

Perhaps I should have been clearer I would mean only in the legality of the situation, nothing further

Apparently a Mexican woman had entered the country illegally was there for some time and was driving around in a big pick up truck unlicensed and uninsured

Back
Top Bottom