Recommend a HD forum that’s…..

BigAlEly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As good as UKGSER for banter, info and for buying bits for my incoming HD ultra Ltd….

Need inner bags for the panniers, top box etc. and other bits that I no doubt don’t need :blast :D

Looking for recommendations on highway pegs too…

Cheers…Al

As good as UKGSER for banter, info and for buying bits for my incoming HD ultra Ltd….

Need inner bags for the panniers, top box etc. and other bits that I no doubt don’t need :blast :D

Looking for recommendations on highway pegs too…

Cheers…Al

If you’re on Facebook, just join the appropriate group .
There’ll be one for the Ultra Ltd, I’m sure.
I’m on two on there for RKS and sold things within minutes that the tyre kickers on here didn’t want .

Edited to add

e863f0ff2483f0f5efbb6874e42416f1.jpg

There isn’t one in the UK……

If you’re on Facebook, just join the appropriate group .
There’ll be one for the Ultra Ltd, I’m sure.
I’m on two on there for RKS and sold things within minutes that the tyre kickers on here didn’t want .

e863f0ff2483f0f5efbb6874e42416f1.jpg
[/QUOTE

Dropped off FB a long time ago… but maybe have to rethink… and rejoin. Cheers Arsey

Why bother - plenty of HD knowledge on here.

There are various options for the side bags, but unless you are particularly brand conscious, these work perfectly well: -

............. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282890102466?hash=item41dd9066c2:g:4acAAOSwTfFbTevs

The tour pack will take any suitable size sports bag, so no real need for anything custom fit IMHO. Anyway it will leave room to tuck in some wet weather gear icon. Try & keep the packing relatively light in the TP, otherwise you will feel the bike wagging it's tail at low speed.

Highway pegs - I've got them on my EG, the bike came equipped already, but frankly I hardly ever use them. I did manage to dent my car with them though, as the bike settled on it's side stand when parked too close.

Mine has protection rails around the side bags, which have avoided a few potential scrapes, usually careless bleeders on ferries or someone throwing open car doors. I also have a TP rack, which extends the rear luggage opportunities if necessary - SWMBO finds it a useful hand hold when climbing aboard.

Speaking as a non Harley owner I think you'll struggle to find a HD group with a nicer, more knowledgeable and helpful group than the boys and girls in here.

Why bother - plenty of HD knowledge on here.

There are various options for the side bags, but unless you are particularly brand conscious, these work perfectly well: -

............. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282890102466?hash=item41dd9066c2:g:4acAAOSwTfFbTevs

The tour pack will take any suitable size sports bag, so no real need for anything custom fit IMHO. Anyway it will leave room to tuck in some wet weather gear icon. Try & keep the packing relatively light in the TP, otherwise you will feel the bike wagging it's tail at low speed.

Highway pegs - I've got them on my EG, the bike came equipped already, but frankly I hardly ever use them. I did manage to dent my car with them though, as the bike settled on it's side stand when parked too close.

Mine has protection rails around the side bags, which have avoided a few potential scrapes, usually careless bleeders on ferries or someone throwing open car doors. I also have a TP rack, which extends the rear luggage opportunities if necessary - SWMBO finds it a useful hand hold when climbing aboard.

All good knowledge… yep, I guess some cheap bags will work, for all the use they get :D thanks for the link.

I like the idea of the tour pegs as I have a riders back rest fitted already and I have forward controls on my street Bob and like that riding position… but I will see.

Yep, I have the rack, so hopefully SWMBO will appreciate the tip:thumb

I was hoping to sell the few bits I have advertised on here, and was looking for a more needy audience but in guess it will be fleabay for those :beerjug:

Appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Speaking as a non Harley owner I think you'll struggle to find a HD group with a nicer, more knowledgeable and helpful group than the boys and girls in here.

Agreed… as mentioned in the other post, need to sell and buy a few bits, but will have to rely on Fleabay ;)

There isn’t one in the UK……

There's not a specific FB page for Ultras in the UK I don't think, but there are quite a few other, more general Harley FB pages that might be of use to you, eg.
-Harley Davidson UK
-Harley Davidson Riders of Great Britain
-V Twin Riders UK (not just H-D)
-Harley Riders UK
-Harley Davidson for sale UK
-Harley Davidson bikes n' bits for sale UK

There are probably more but these came up after a quick search.

There's not a specific FB page for Ultras in the UK I don't think, but there are quite a few other, more general Harley FB pages that might be of use to you, eg.
-Harley Davidson UK
-Harley Davidson Riders of Great Britain
-V Twin Riders UK (not just H-D)
-Harley Riders UK
-Harley Davidson for sale UK
-Harley Davidson bikes n' bits for sale UK

There are probably more but these came up after a quick search.

Thanks bud….

As you would expect the bigger forums are U.S. based. I have dipped my toe in this one a few times, mainly for information. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/

It can get a bit feisty on there....there are different levels, depending on how aggressive you like your banter. If you ask about which oil or tyres (tires) :rolleyes: to buy then expect a similar response to the one you would receive from some on here. They also tend to have zero tolerance for pointed questions about their gun laws (ask me how I know!) or any post that is not "Team America!" It is however a mine of mostly useful technical information on anything H-D....if you can imagine any outlandish mod to a Harley, someone on there will have done it. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom