Front brake light swwitch

Roger Chatterton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,
On my G650 X Country, I have a problem with the switch that is activated by the front brake lever, as it seems sticky and intermittent etc. Have tried ACf and WD 40, but think the switch is knackered !
I can't finf a part number for the switch...... it's the flat one that screws on under the lever. Does anyone know if this part is still available and also the Part Number please ?
Max BMW fiche shows drawing of switch, but gives no number against it- not a good sign!
Or is switch common to any other models perhaps ?
Thanks
Roger

PS I have had a good hunt on Motorworks, MotoBins etc, plus relevant pages on this Forum, but no joy !:rob

Part number is 61 31 7 708 509 but not sure you can still get them , you will have to ask your local Main Dealer

c4be8a44e98eedc0f8bca4edf01f84e2.jpg

4c40691b7951099d7e39dea13e2b986c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the info-exactly what I was looking for. I will try local dealers amd hope it's still available. Wonder if it is used on any other bikes ?

I don't think ACF50 will have done it much good.

Maybe drop it off & soak it in some proper electrical contact cleaner - see if you can get it actively/reliably switching again. They are only a simple microswitch, that BMW likes to price up to £50+, if you can even find one.

Many thanks for the info-exactly what I was looking for. I will try local dealers amd hope it's still available. Wonder if it is used on any other bikes ?

I think the actual switch is the same on a G650GS but it has a much longer lead on it hence the different part number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help- friend has a 650GS, so I’ll check. But I’ll spray in some switch cleaner and see if that helps. But I must say it’s a pretty flimsy little switch considering how much use it gets..... much better type on my 100 GS PD, but that certainly won’t fit!

Back
Top Bottom