Sena vs TFT woes

Tricuspid

Reaction score
I’ve avoided intercoms and suchlike for years because getting a bunch of Bluetooth things to talk to each other is usually an epic ball ache, but for some reason I succumbed to temptation. And it is as much of a ballache as I feared!

I’ve got two Sena units, a 10c and an SF1. Also TFT, Nav6 and iPhone. I can’t get either of the intercom units to connect to the TFT. The helmet says it’s connected, but the bike doesn’t, and it doesn’t work. I suspect the problem is that there are various options for what kind of connection to use … any tips?

I’ve avoided intercoms and suchlike for years because getting a bunch of Bluetooth things to talk to each other is usually an epic ball ache, but for some reason I succumbed to temptation. And it is as much of a ballache as I feared!

I’ve got two Sena units, a 10c and an SF1. Also TFT, Nav6 and iPhone. I can’t get either of the intercom units to connect to the TFT. The helmet says it’s connected, but the bike doesn’t, and it doesn’t work. I suspect the problem is that there are various options for what kind of connection to use … any tips?

My intercom and phone take about 30 seconds to connect to the bikes TFT. If I ride off before they show on the dash, it will not allow them to connect.

Hmm. Does the order you switch things on make a difference?

Hmm. Does the order you switch things on make a difference?

Not that I have noticed. I normally switch my headset on whilst getting kitted up. The Bluetooth on my phone is always on and I just switch on the bike and wait for them to connect. If I'm out all day, I leave the headset powered up the whole time.

I have headset and phone connected to the bike and my Nav5 is just in its cradle, not connected to anything via Bluetooth.

My intercom and phone take about 30 seconds to connect to the bikes TFT. If I ride off before they show on the dash, it will not allow them to connect.

I've got all of my gubbins happily talking to each other now thanks to the video linked above. No issues connecting tonight, but in fairness I spend way more than 30 seconds faffing about with gloves and stuff.

The only issue I'm having is that the sound from the Nav 6 is at max volume, and it won't let you adjust it. The only thing I can think of trying is to use GPS pairing rather than 2nd Phone Pairing (on the basis that the Nav is a GPS and not a phone), but I need to avoid deleting the whole thing and having to start again!

Back
Top Bottom