H E L P 2009 GSA

ste007

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bike has been sat in garage over the winter period & kept on a battery optimiser. Ran it during this period to make sure things were ok (all good), however today I took it for its mot and the yellow warning triangle started to flash. It the turned to red & continued to flash. At the test station I turned the bike off when I came to start I thought it wasn't going to start (had symptoms of a low charged battery) eventually it fired up. I warned the tester as I did not want it to be a problem on test giving him the opportunity not to test if he wished. Left it running for a while red warning light still flashing. The bike did however start without fault after that, during the test the red flashing triangle stopped altogether. On the way home its come back on :blast

Has anyone had this issue & if so can you point me in the right direction for what I should be looking for :nenau
Many Thanks

On my 2008 GS I will get a red triangle if the tyre pressure really low. Scroll through all the optional info and see if one of them is generating warning.

Could be a weak battery. How old is it?
Optimisers hide the fact if your battery is on its way out.
The capacity of the battery drops, even if fully charged.
I have the same bike and the Yuasa battery always made me wonder if it was going to start (especially when engine was hot).
Fitted a Motobat and now, much better.

Bike has been sat in garage over the winter period & kept on a battery optimiser. Ran it during this period to make sure things were ok (all good), however today I took it for its mot and the yellow warning triangle started to flash. It the turned to red & continued to flash. At the test station I turned the bike off when I came to start I thought it wasn't going to start (had symptoms of a low charged battery) eventually it fired up. I warned the tester as I did not want it to be a problem on test giving him the opportunity not to test if he wished. Left it running for a while red warning light still flashing. The bike did however start without fault after that, during the test the red flashing triangle stopped altogether. On the way home its come back on :blast

Has anyone had this issue & if so can you point me in the right direction for what I should be looking for :nenau
Many Thanks
Did you get it sorted?

Should not run it if you are not going to bring it up to working temperature !

modern Fuels are pretty crap and plugs foul easily Plus the injection runs the fueling very very rich reducing the excess fuel as the engine reaches working temperature

IN reality you need to get the codes read or check the manual for an indication of what the failure is

Was the ABS lamp illuminated ? This era of ABS had issues with sticking carbon brushes not connecting with the armature and generating a fault code immediately

Back
Top Bottom