MIDWEEK BREAKFAST WEDNESDAY 15TH JUNE 10 A.M.

derek

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone.
NEW VENUE

Wickenby Airfield Cafe
Wickenby Aerodrome
The Control Tower
Langworth
Lincoln
LN3 5AX

I have checked out breakfast for myself. Good venue for us and have also had requests from our members for a visit to this cafe.
Look forward to seeing everyone. Hopefully the sun will be shining.
Check out website for more info www.wickenbyairfield.com
See you there.
Derek

Thanks Derek, will plan to be there. Great cafe and venue, especially on busy flying days.
Ride around the Wolds after then Lancaster Bomber night at East Kirkby late afternoon onwards - sounds like a great day out.

Busy day in Lincolnshire with airfields, as also Lincolnshire Bike Night at East Kirkby from 17:00.

Looks like its breakfast at Wickenby and afternoon tea at the East Kirkby Naafi , with riding motorcycles in between, it`s a hard life, must not weaken. :)

Hi Dereck unfortunately I’m working but thanks for the work you do for midweek breakfasts and Gerry for the Saturday ones
Ian

Might see you there. Travelling from the North to Dover that day so could work!

Can I put my name down please ?
Would love a spin out to Wickenby and then do the Lancaster thing in the evening too
Me and 2-3 others for catering numbers

hi JohnnyBoxer you and your mates are more than welcome ,we normally aim to arrive at about 10-00.i think some of the others are going on a local ride out prior to the Lady Jane (lancaster) visit i`am sure you can join them if you wish .

hi JohnnyBoxer you and your mates are more than welcome ,we normally aim to arrive at about 10-00.i think some of the others are going on a local ride out prior to the Lady Jane (lancaster) visit i`am sure you can join them if you wish .

Thanks Derek
We aim to arrive for 10am for brekkie and then have a look at the Wickenby museum and have a Wolds wander around until arriving East Kirkby for late afternoon
If some regulars are doing a local ride, we’ll suss it out at brekkie
Cheers for organising Derek

Hi everyone. Should you require it! The 3 word for Wickenby Cafe is technical.sung.cover
Hope to see you there.

Derek

Derek... I miss our midweek meetings, they were good and I enjoyed the gentle 360 degree piss taking.
You are a legend and keep on being that legend:beerjug: Give my love to your lovely long suffering wife:thumb2

This would definitely be in my diary but wednesday sees me travelling to Settle and Dent.
I’ll keep an eye out for future brekkies here!

Excellent ride to the cafe this morning in the beautiful weather.

Thanks for the warning Derek about not getting there too early.

Very pleasant company and good to meet our Yorkshire and other visitors. :thumby:

Sorry that I could not make the East Kirkby bike night this evening.

Gerry

Excellent ride to the cafe this morning in the beautiful weather.

Thanks for the warning Derek about not getting there too early.

Very pleasant company and good to meet our Yorkshire and other visitors. :thumby:

Sorry that I could not make the East Kirkby bike night this evening.

Gerry

Thanks Gerry
Good to meet you and Derek, plus all the other GS riders at RAF Wickenby
Location was fab - what a venue in this glorious weather !!
Local sourced Lincolnshire breakfast was most excellent too
Good museum upstairs in the Control Tower and interesting to see the old 1920’s Bi Plane start up and take off
We then took all your advice and went to Bomber Command memorial which again was superb and with great views of the City of Lincoln
Then it was the back roads (wide sweeping bends) to Horncastle (via Bardney) and onto East Kirkby for the Lancaster night - again another great venue with a great Naafi & museums (must return)
We left at 6.45pm so missed the Lancaster - but it was rammed and we took the Caistor High road home, then the M180 and got home at 9pm
14 hours out and 301 miles door to door !

12ffd45e3b09b871c5fa9c705b21efb8.jpg

1b8967381665de356fb113c08f41b41e.jpg

fed6cca9d61b49415cad886a1416918b.jpg

9f6b15d971bff6a381a2b3c3eaddf1e7.jpg

3cb494776d33acd1c099b12854abaaf7.jpg

5ce6805cd39f2413362594879197a469.jpg

34282e87be76ef5d00d270c41cf4a9eb.jpg

Thanks for arranging Derek. Wickenby Airfield cafe has undergone a fantastic refurbishment where breakfast is one of the best around. Great to catch up with folk followed by a bimble around the Wolds with ice cream and coffee stops before East Kirby bomber night. Pleased our Yorkshire visitors had such a good day out too.

Back
Top Bottom