Dorset/south west GS gurus?? Help needed!!

Steven 0001

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, are the anyone GS knowitalls in the dorset/Hampshire /devon area who Would be willing to help out a newbie with a troublesome GSA?
Ive taken on an 05 bike which is having starting issues. Im totally new to these bikes having come from a harley chopper.
Im obviously happy to pay, the local bmw garages are absolutely stacked out and not taking on work right now.
Im booked for a 5000 mile road trip at the beginning of july so im starting to panic a bit!!
Many thanks in advance.

Could try Liam at Motoshed on Portland. He looks after some of our fleet bikes and is a GS owner himself

If you are the Devon end of Dorset I use a guy in Exmouth, he has the diagnostic kit and looks after a few local BMW’s. Jez at CCR motorcycles.

Al.

Whats the fault in detail

on a 05 with what limited info you've given us,

culprits could be

Battery, Starter motor, Battery cables

I had similar on my 06, to replace the lot as described ,

Battery £64-100 Motobatt or Odyssey Starter £179 (recon) - Battery cables - £30 or so max

If you are the Devon end of Dorset I use a guy in Exmouth, he has the diagnostic kit and looks after a few local BMW’s. Jez at CCR motorcycles.

Al.

Another one for Jez at CCR motorcycles. Don't be put off by how it looks, he knows what he is doing and his costs are fair. IMHO. I think it was Devon AL who recommended him to me. Thanks again Al.

Back
Top Bottom